My experience in solo kill Toad.

It took me a long time and 3 attempt but in the end I've done it. Here is my experience.

1) In my first attempt I try to use bunnyman as illustrate in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ppBr8Tp5k8

So I build 20 bunnymans hutch and give each bunnyman a battle helm. That didn't work very well as all 20 bunnymans die easily.

2) Over time I have figured out how to kite Toad. The fight is gona take days to finish so take your time and kite carefully.

3) Although the wiki didn't say it, the sporecap actually give toad a damage reduction buff. At maximum number of sporecap on the field, Wigfrid welding a battle spear can only deal 10 damage per hit. My solution to this is to burn the sporecap with torch as soon as they show up. I suppose fire staff and Weather Pain can work too.

4) Food stored in Ice box can still rot if a spore cloud land right on top of the ice box. Also Toad can destory ice box if he walk over it. So make sure you build the ice box far enough. I have 10+ Bacon and Eggs and 10+ Pierogi ready for the fight. By the time I finish I have used all the food I have. I leave hutch by the ice box to have it light up the area so I can get to the ice box easier.

5) Becuase the fight takes so long you are gona need extra gold, rocks, twigs etc so that you can make tons of helm, spear and torch as you go. Before the fight I make some 10+ spear and helm and put them on the ground surrounding the arena.

6) I have a few shadows and depths worm attacks during the fight. One time I spent too much time battling 2 shadow, and toad decided to hide:C. Later I find out that Toad's attack can damage shadows and depth worm too. So use that to your advantage.  

7) Set toad on fire and make him walk over sporecap is one way to quickly burn the sporecap. The down side to this is that you can't melee him while he is on fire or else you take fire damage.

The last time i tried it the spore caps were what made it almost imposible to kill,i used torches what dint worked very well.Reading this made me remember about the fire staff,first time that i find a useful use for it!

Just now, Wexton said:

The last time i tried it the spore caps were what made it almost imposible to kill,i used torches what dint worked very well.Reading this made me remember about the fire staff,first time that i find a useful use for it!

The issue with torches is that it has a slight delay in between each burn action. I can only say that it is better to take the time and burn the spore cap than to ignore the spore cap. You can dodge the attack but there is no work around to the damage reduction. 

Another issue is that burnt sporecap will release spore cloud up on falling. You also have to position yourself and toad carefully so that the cloud dont get in your way while you melee the sporecap summoning toad.

Archived