There is this strange anomaly in dst that confuses me quite a bit and it comes from double servers (cave server and surface server). I've noticed it quite a bit from my mod as one thing works perfectly fine if its just a surface server but bugs out when caves are implemented. One of the first ones is that backpack items work fine in surface servers but crash in cave servers as if the game doesn't access the game files while its running. Another instance is that my ai I programmed to speak when working or fighting, their text appears in surface only servers but never appears in double servers. Another thing that happens is that my weapons that generate sound on target hit work fine on surface only servers but are dead silent on double servers. There's also some other sound bugs while I was experimenting with items like making sound on drop, equip, on approach(one of my structures), and some other functions in my code that don't play on double servers. Also had a custom lantern not work for other players besides the host but its fixed just wanted to add it to the list, and I'm sure there's other things to this anomaly. All I want to know is just why is this happening? I would like to know how to fix it but chances are its out of my programming skill set.

20161021181017_1 is the picture for the custom backpack on a surface only server

2016102118407_1 is the same backpack but on a double server

20161021181128_1 is my ai talking while cutting down a tree on a surface only server

20161021181349_1 is my ai text missing while cutting down a tree on a double server

20161021181017_1.jpg

20161021181407_1.jpg

20161021181128_1.jpg

20161021181349_1.jpg

When caverns are enabled then the way the game handles everything is a client/server protocol.

Without them it's a listen server which is to say the client and server are one in the same.

Certain things like components only exist on the server, and the client knows nothing of them.