Need Help Making Character Transparent.[SOLVED]

EDIT: I've decided to scrap my original post as it was confusing, so I deleted my original message. Here's my new issue:

I now want to know if it's possible to make a player turn transparent when wearing 3 items each containing a special tag.

So lets say If I wore a cane, tam'o shanter, and thulecite suit my character then become transparent like night armor.

I've already added the special tags to the items I want to use, now I just need help making it work (if it's possible)

It would probably start out something like this maybe:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if what I'm currently wearing has this tag(example1) and this tag (example2) and this tag (example3) then

My character becomes transparent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically I just want a character to become transparent when wearing 3 different items all containing different tags.

I have only found another thread so far mentioning turning a character transparent:

Edited by Luis95R

I think this work

AddSimPostInit (function(inst)
        inst:DoPeriodicTask(0.01, function()
        if inst:HasTag("NightmareOne") and inst:HasTag("NightmareTwo") and inst:HasTag("NightmareThree") and not inst:HasTag("mastema") then
            inst.AnimState:SetMultColour(0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.5)
			end)
            if not (inst:HasTag("fakeinsane")) then
            inst:AddTag("fakeinsane")
            end
            else
            inst.AnimState:SetMultColour(1, 1, 1, 1)
            if (inst:HasTag("fakeinsane")) then
            inst:RemoveTag("fakeinsane")
            end
        end
    end)

19 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

I think this work

if inst:HasTag("NightmareOne") and inst:HasTag("NightmareTwo") and inst:HasTag("NightmareThree") and not inst:HasTag("mastema") then
			end)
            end
            else
            end
        end
    end)

I ended up getting this error unfortunately:

https://gyazo.com/da2422f50782fa2e187db5bf6d7c92e8

this is what my modmain.lua looks like:

https://gyazo.com/9886d830925815d6fba76f2f22387363

How about this one?

end
end)
inst:DoPeriodicTask(0.02, function()
else
end
end)
inst:DoPeriodicTask(0.03, function()
end
end)
end)

14 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

How about this one?

end
end)
inst:DoPeriodicTask(0.02, function()
else
end
end)
inst:DoPeriodicTask(0.03, function()
end
end)
end)

With that I get attempt to index local 'inst' (a nil value)

https://gyazo.com/d97ff71252d9426257961997715ae200

This error and the one before are the common ones I get when trying to fix this, I feel as if I'm probably not setting the AddSimPostInit correctly.

there is areason why the code has indentations ;) If you make it right, you can see instantly wich functions or if statement ends where.
So it will help alot if you two try also to add those indentations. That's just a coding advise for you ;)

Assuming that the code from the first function only does not work because of wrong "if else", this should fix it:

inst:DoPeriodicTask(0.01, function(inst)
            else
            end
            end
        end
    end)
end)

But this code does not make much sense, since this add the Tag "fakeinsane" and then removes it again...

So the best thing would be if you could explain when exactly what sould be done, so when do the color thing? and when to add tag and when to remove it?  Explain as detailed as possible what your goal is

58 minutes ago, Serpens said:

there is areason why the code has indentations ;) If you make it right, you can see instantly wich functions or if statement ends where.
So it will help alot if you two try also to add those indentations. That's just a coding advise for you ;)

Assuming that the code from the first function only does not work because of wrong "if else", this should fix it:

else
            end
            end
        end
    end)
end)

But this code does not make much sense, since this add the Tag "fakeinsane" and then removes it again...

So the best thing would be if you could explain when exactly what sould be done, so when do the color thing? and when to add tag and when to remove it?  Explain as detailed as possible what your goal is

I tried that and it said " attempt to index local 'inst' (a nil value)" again. I've just decided to scrap the thing altogether. 

Instead is there a possible way to make my character see-through/transparent, like the shadow items (night armor, dark sword)? 

It would turn my character transparent if I wore the night armor, a dark sword, and a custom made night helmet item.

I've already added the tags: NightmareOne to the Night Armor / NightmareTwo to the Dark Sword / and NightmareThree to the Night Helmet.

I could possibly use this line

if inst:HasTag("NightmareOne") and inst:HasTag("NightmareTwo") and inst:HasTag("NightmareThree") then

to check make it check that all 3 shadow items are being worn.

The thing is I have no idea how I would make my character transparent or which script to edit.

what exactly are you trying to do here? make a set of prefabs change their multcolour?

if so i would do something like this

local nightmareprefabs = {"prefab1", "prefab2", "prefab3"} --replace the prefabs with the actual prefab names

for k,v in pairs(nightmareprefabs) do
  AddPrefabPostInit(v, function(inst)
              else
              end
              end
          end
      end)
  end)
end

2 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

what exactly are you trying to do here? make a set of prefabs change their multcolour?

if so i would do something like this

local nightmareprefabs = {"prefab1", "prefab2", "prefab3"} --replace the prefabs with the actual prefab names

for k,v in pairs(nightmareprefabs) do
  AddPrefabPostInit(v, function(inst)
              else
              end
              end
          end
      end)
  end)
end

I scrapped that idea Aquaterion. Please ignore my original post. What I'm trying to do now is make my character transparent like the night armor and dark sword when he wears 3 items containing the tags NightmareOne, NightmareTwo and NightmareThree.

The way it would work for example is like this:

IF what I'm currently wearing has this tag("NightmareOne) AND this tag(NightmareTwo) AND this tag(NightmareThree) THEN

My character becomes transparent.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is this possible at all in Multiplayer? To wear 3 items with certain tags causing the player to become transparent light nightmare items?

I've only found this post mentioning turning a character transparent:

Edited by Luis95R

One big question is also, were you put the code.
I'm not familiar with character-making.
But I would know a way to add this ability to every character with putting the code in modmain.lua.

if not (GLOBAL.TheNet:GetIsServer() or GLOBAL.TheNet:IsDedicated()) then -- only make this at server
	return
end

local function OnEquip(inst)
    if inst and inst.components and inst.components.inventory then -- make sure we have a server character ... if you only want YOUR character to be able to get transparent, add to this line a check for a Tag that only your character has: and inst:HasTag("ismycharacter")
        local HandItem = inst.components.inventory:GetEquippedItem(GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS.HANDS) -- if we are in modmain, we have to use "GOBAL." , if we are not in modmain, we dont use it.
        local HeadItem = inst.components.inventory:GetEquippedItem(GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD)
        local BodyItem = inst.components.inventory:GetEquippedItem(GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS.BODY)
        if HandItem and HeadItem and BodyItem and HandItem:HasTag("example1") and BodyItem:HasTag("example2") and HeadItem:HasTag("example3") then -- check if items are equipped and if they have the tags
            if not inst:HasTag("istransparent") then -- if character is not already transparent
                inst.AnimState:SetMultColour(1, 1, 1, 0.1) -- make transparent. The lower the fourth number is, the more transparent he will get
                inst:AddTag("istransparent") -- add this tag to the character
            end
        elseif inst:HasTag("istransparent") then -- if he does not have the needed items, but the tag, remove transparent
            inst:RemoveTag("istransparent") -- remove tag
        end
    end
end

AddPlayerPostInit(function(inst)
    inst:ListenForEvent("equip", OnEquip) -- call the function everytime someone is equipped
    inst:ListenForEvent("unequip", OnEquip) -- also call it, if sth is unequipped
end)

In the first line of the OnEquip function I wrote a comment (comment is everything after "--" ), that if you only want your character to get transparent, you can add an additional check: and inst:HasTag("ismycharacter") 

Also I have no clue what the difference between:
SetMultColour
and
OverrideMultColour
is... I think if you use "Set" it can be changed by any game/mod command that also uses Set. And if you use Override, the only way to revert it back, is again the Override command...
So maybe you really should use Override ... but try out what you find better ;)

Edited by Serpens

Also thank you it works! I ended up putting what I mentioned on my previous post in my modmain.lua now I just gotta find the correct multicolor to make my character look black-transparent like the night armor and dark sword.

I appreciate the help. :-D

Edited by Luis95R