Unpacking KWAD?

Hi guys,

I would like to learn how to mod Invisible Inc. The API example mod has been helpful to get me to start understanding the basic structure, but I'm stuck trying to use the KWAD extractor below, as when I try to run the program, it loads the command prompt for a sec before quitting. No idea what's happening so any help would be appreciated! I run Windows 10, if that helps.

34 minutes ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

You need to make bat file. The specifics can be found here: https://github.com/Psimage/KWADTool

I placed the kwad file, a folder called out, and created an extract.bat file all in the same folder as KWADTool.exe with the following arguments: KWADTool.exe -i "gui.kwad" -e "all" -o "out" and it opened and close the bat file.

Still not entirely sure how this should be done, since the readme only points to the above usage :(

Have been reading other posts regarding the KWAD tool but still can't figure it out, so if anyone can point in the right direction, that would be most appreciated! Note that I have zero coding experience, so the 'obvious' things to an experienced modder really aren't obvious to me :)

Another question I have is: how do I reference to base game art assets without having to create my own KWAD? For example, say I wanted to refer to the Anatomy Analysis graphic in my itemsdef.lua, what would the right code be? In the API modding example document, it states to use "gui/icons/item_icons/icon-item_paralyzer_dose.png" path, but I understand this is referring to the example's KWAD rather than the base file right? So what is the right path for the base KWAD file?

There should not be quotes around the parameters and you don't need the exe extension.

The paths are actually the same for base files and mod files as long as they have the same structure because there is no way for the game to tell the difference between files once loaded.

\

Don't know can it help or not, but there's a screenshot of how I do it through Total Commander without need to think about what is a bat at all (though I know what is it):

c4ed1ca98b.png

At bottom there's a command line with example of extracting all command (if you want change character graphics you should use "-e anims" instead of "-e all")

Thanks Cyberboy and Shirsh - I will try your methods and try and get it to work on my end!

In the meantime in the last several hours, I have been experimenting with trying to set a new agent variable - specifically, I'm trying to create an additional agent stat called Fatigue in addition to Speed, Anarchy, etc. However, I don't want to assign to each agent manually via agentsdef.lua (in consideration that if custom agents are created, I don't have to add the code for them too), and so I tried to add the variable via commondefs.lua through local basic_agents_traits, but the error log stated that this was a null value. So I'm not really sure what's going on and where is the right placement for the code to make it a 'template' for all agents.

Initially, I used the existing mpMax value to test out, but it seems agentdefs.lua overwrites these values anyway, so I thought maybe I need to put it somewhere else.

Would appreciate if you can suggest where I could place this!

EDIT: Just to clarify, Fatigue is meant to be something that is gained at the end of missions, and using certain items will reduce Fatigue, so you don't 'upgrade' it like the other skills in this sense. Cumulated fatigue persists between missions. Not even sure if skills is the right term to use for it though, for lack of better word.

Archived