Hunger System

I completely agree with this. I've been living out of honey nuggets the last 15 days or so.Sure I hunt rabbits, and farm berries and have three small plots, but I generally end up making just nuggets because I have a surplus of honey.Just with two honey boxes and about 30 or so flowers planted around them I can make 6 to 10 honey daily. Plus, honey cures a lot of health and takes awfully long to spoil, so why not use it? I think we either need a little more motivation to go and get other types of food, or tweak the honey system so to not create such a surplus. (I know honey have already been tweaked once, but it obviously needs more work...) :chargrined:

You mean I can't eat taffy every day? :(Like SpaceStalin said, probably even minor adjustments to the game mechanics that exist (esp. relating to honey) would encourage players to become more resourceful and varied in their play style. But creating favorite foods and least favorite foods is a great thought. :D

I like the idea of fave food,maybe just give bonuses to different characters when they eat those.

Pretty much this: +1

Although the OP brings up some very interesting ideas, with the way Don't Starve is designed right now it would be very difficult to pay attention to all these little things (What did you eat yesterday, day before, week ago. Do you or do you not maintain a healthy diet. Do you or do you not have benefits or penalties), otherwise tooltips for items will have to be half the screen. The Hunger system would benefit from additions and overworks, but a complete overhaul like this would slightly over-complicate things, IMHO.

I like the idea of characters refusing to eat certain types of food.

It could remove mass berry+honey farming on some characters.

[*]Willow accepts only cooked food since she loves burning things.

[*]Wendy dislikes eating innocent animals that cannot fight back (e.g. morsel, Tallbird egg).

[*]Strongman eats only meat to supplement his muscle building diet.

[*]WX-78 can only convert raw food to energy, removing the bonus from crock pot.

[*]Wickerbottom is a vegetarian and refuses to eat meat.

[*]Wes can only eat raw frog legs. Or he's vegan and dislikes berry if the former is too difficult.