Day 1487 Main Base Tour

I'm back again with my new main base, completed at day 1487. This is just the main base, you'd think by now that I've had enough time to build mini-bases but I haven't. I will work on them whenever I get the chance, in the meantime enjoy this little preview, I've also built fire pits almost everywhere so that darkness never really falls, it's shown near the end of the video.

Comments are always appreciated. Cheers.

Awesome the base it looks fantastic although i have one question why do you have that many lure plants i know they can replace tooth traps for the hounds and that you can lure the wasps to the eye plants when farming honeycombs,I ask why because i don't see much use for the leafy meat only the hunger from it?.

On 6/1/2016 at 0:22 AM, MTX1234 said:

I'm back again with my new main base, completed at day 1487. This is just the main base, you'd think by now that I've had enough time to build mini-bases but I haven't. I will work on them whenever I get the chance, in the meantime enjoy this little preview, I've also built fire pits almost everywhere so that darkness never really falls, it's shown near the end of the video.

Comments are always appreciated. Cheers.

What is the Mod/mechanism that makes your backback appear just above your inventory? I have been looking for something like that. I hope it is not only available to consoles though.

12 hours ago, MTX1234 said:

@hyiltiz It's not a mod, that's what it looks like when you plug in a controller. ;)

I take it you play with keyboard & mouse?

Yeah, I play with kb and mouse. So, is it possible to: 1) get that interface for keyboard&mouse?; 2) I did see @truMadness stick in something while playing with keyboard&mouse while he wants to drop off lots of stuff to clear up his inventory. When he does that, the backpack/sack inventory didn't move at all; it was still on the right side of the screen.

@hyiltiz Hm, well by my limited experience and limited understanding capacity, I decided that what you want is for your backpack to look like that while still playing with keyboard & mouse? if that's what you want then yes it is possible but as soon as you save & quit your backpack will go back to normal.

Here's what you do:

1. plug in a controller

2. Enable it in the controls menu.

3. Save & quit.

4. Load your save.

5. Disable your controller.

but like I've said, as soon as you save & quit it will go back to the way it was and you have to do that all over again, honestly I find it to be too much work but it's the only way I know of.

As for truMadness which video were you referring to? I did take a look at a couple of videos of his but I couldn't find the one you were referring to.

If my instructions weren't clear, I'll try and upload a video demonstrating what I've just said.

You have inspired me... to grow increasingly jealous of your base building skills. But seriously, a question. Do you plan out your bases ahead of time or do you just wing it? If a world looks ugly to you, do you world hop or just stick with it? Lastly, who is your favorite character in Don't Starve?

1 hour ago, DarkXero said:

What should I do to make to DST compatible? I found myself playing DST much often that DS, so installing it as DST mod (seems not the same procedure as DS though) would be better.

Edit: I unzipped and put it under DS mods folder. When I open DS and click on Mods to enable this mod, the game crashes seconds after clicking Mods, before loading all the Mods. I assume it found some fatal error in the Mod?

40 minutes ago, hyiltiz said:

Edit: I unzipped and put it under DS mods folder. When I open DS and click on Mods to enable this mod, the game crashes seconds after clicking Mods, before loading all the Mods. I assume it found some fatal error in the Mod?

Verify that you didn't get a folder inside a folder.

Path should be mods/Backpack Controller/modmain.lua, and not mods/Backpack Controller/Backpack Controller/modmain.lua.

4 hours ago, DarkXero said:

Verify that you didn't get a folder inside a folder.

Path should be mods/Backpack Controller/modmain.lua, and not mods/Backpack Controller/Backpack Controller/modmain.lua.

It is the correct directory structure. I tried removing the modinfo.lua file, then it loaded the mods list without an issue.

~/L/A/S/s/c/d/d/C/mods $ ls
BackpackController/   MAKING_MODS.txt*  workshop-323413761/  workshop-356043883/  workshop-470514967/  workshop-574636989/  workshop-635823261/
INSTALLING_MODS.txt*  modsettings.lua*  workshop-323996352/  workshop-362902079/  workshop-517367765/  workshop-596800985/  workshop-645871185/
~/L/A/S/s/c/d/d/C/mods $ ls BackpackController/
modinfo.lua*  modinfo.lua~*  modmain.lua*  modmain.lua~*

I will try out the DST mod soon. Thank you so much :3

DST mod works like a charm. However, I realized that ctrl-clicking to move stuff from main inventory to backpack inventory no longer works :(

But I guess I can live with that. Now with everything in one place, easier to spot stuff. Thanks!

@TheKingDedede Of course it was all carefully planned, you should see the blueprints I had created before I decided to build everything bit by  bit. Imagine if I actually had winged it, it wouldn't look the same. :D

Anyway, the truth is I wanted to continue to hop until I have over 18 guardian horns, but after the 2nd hop I found this beautifully shaped island and decided to stick to it, as much I hated to quit world hopping. But it's good to see that you really like it stick around, this is just the main base I have more planned out I'm trying to turn this whole world from wilderness to city. I hope I get to finished it as soon as possible.

My favourite character is obviously Woflgang, since he is the fastest and the strongest.

@hyiltiz Good to see it worked out for you after all, shame I wasn't much of help but oh well.

31 minutes ago, MTX1234 said:

@TheKingDedede Of course it was all carefully planned, you should see the blueprints I had created before I decided to build everything bit by  bit. Imagine if I actually had winged it, it wouldn't look the same. :D

Anyway, the truth is I wanted to continue to hop until I have over 18 guardian horns, but after the 2nd hop I found this beautifully shaped island and decided to stick to it, as much I hated to quit world hopping. But it's good to see that you really like it stick around, this is just the main base I have more planned out I'm trying to turn this whole world from wilderness to city. I hope I get to finished it as soon as possible.

My favourite character is obviously Woflgang, since he is the fastest and the strongest.

@hyiltiz Good to see it worked out for you after all, shame I wasn't much of help but oh well.

You got a pretty impressive base. I am not quite into mega-basing so always keep my base in a single flingo (yes, farms, jerkies, beeboxes, everything in 1 flingo), but you can imagine counless things nowhere to use.

On 6/1/2016 at 1:18 PM, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

Awesome the base it looks fantastic although i have one question why do you have that many lure plants i know they can replace tooth traps for the hounds and that you can lure the wasps to the eye plants when farming honeycombs,I ask why because i don't see much use for the leafy meat only the hunger from it?.

I think by day 1k+ you most definitely will get a fire hound which will totally mess up lureplants. But he could probablu used them more efficiently like in a grass or sapling farm. Also a way to farm spiders or wasps for their stingers (i think honey is digested by the plant).

10 minutes ago, WebFridSon said:

I think by day 1k+ you most definitely will get a fire hound which will totally mess up lureplants. But he could probablu used them more efficiently like in a grass or sapling farm. Also a way to farm spiders or wasps for their stingers (i think honey is digested by the plant).

but there are spike traps for hounds that can work great as well against fire hounds.i know the lureplant would be great for bee box but he has like a lot already :^ )

14 minutes ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

but there are spike traps for hounds that can work great as well against fire hounds.i know the lureplant would be great for bee box but he has like a lot already :^ )

Yeah but you said that he should or can use lureplants for the hounds and while it is viable it wont be safe enough. Lureplants/eyeplants also insta-kill (or i think tehy capture and murder them) bees so its useful when farming their stingers

18 minutes ago, WebFridSon said:

Yeah but you said that he should or can use lureplants for the hounds and while it is viable it wont be safe enough. Lureplants/eyeplants also insta-kill (or i think tehy capture and murder them) bees so its useful when farming their stingers

it can be viable and safe if he would have 2 bases which one is the principal and the second one is a spike trap base

Archived