[Suggestion] Make Maxwell's shadows keep up better at sea

Typically I don't use Maxwell's shadows in a normal game unless I have a lot of nightmare fuel, but I find use for them in SW since they are capable of spawning their own shadow boats and continue to follow you, unlike most other follows that are stuck on land. But they're kinda... Slow. They fall off my screen way too easily with a rowboat and thatch sail and I find myself having to stop and wait for them.

I suggest their boats should be faster, or give them some shadow sail the equivalent of the iron wind. Otherwise, how are we fellow Maxwellians supposed to conquer the sea if our convoy falls behind?

AwH3LD3.jpg

I think they have the same problem that Abigail had just before release. What's more if you don't wait for them, only one or two will teleport near you. That's very problematic for us that keep them up all the time since day 1.

20 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

I think they have the same problem that Abigail had just before release. What's more if you don't wait for them, only one or two will teleport near you. That's very problematic for us that keep them up all the time since day 1.

They probably don't need to make them move faster, if they would just all properly teleport to you once they get a screen or two away or the second you jump to land it would be more bearable. 

@TeoSS69 and @oCrapaCreeper there's literally a function to get the effective runspeed already in place. All the shadows would have to do is regularly setting their own speed to the player's effective speed. This is under the assumption that they can't take speed modifiers, of course.

And if you still doubt that it'd work: I am close to releasing a boss mod that does this (not SW compatible though, so boat speed may not be considered). When the player jogs on a road with a cane in hand, the creature picks up pace and catches up, when they're just walking normally, it slows down again.

7 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

And if you still doubt that it'd work

Oh not doubting at all. Just meant that having them match the base speed won't be enough, since with speed multipliers in place they'll still be slow. Anw, just having them properly teleport off-screen if too far should be enough.

7 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

Oh not doubting at all. Just meant that having them match the base speed won't be enough, since with speed multipliers in place they'll still be slow. Anw, just having them properly teleport off-screen if too far should be enough.

For me, they do teleport to me during a haul across the ocean an iron wind+ cane+coffee+sleek hat+ Magiluminescence, but as you said not all of them teleport sometimes.

If that can be fixed( just have them instantly teleport you when you when you hop on land) it'd be find. Even better, also have them teleport to you when you command them to attack something and they're too far off screen.

Archived