Wildbore Houses are unintuitive: Here is a quick fix.

Crafted 3 Wildbore Houses killed 3 pigs. Left island, waited 20 days later, came back, no pigs. 

SW 171202 Wildbore,Pigmen,&Bunnymen glitch: upon death another INSTANTLY spawns and will NEVER leave the house unless lit on fire or destroyed. With this fix: bore+pig spawn correctly every 4 days, 1 for bunny. Please back up your save game just in case.

I put this mod together last night so that until they fix this we can all actually enjoy having Wildbore huts around. Please let me know how it works out for you and if there is any other problems maybe I can fix.

(Turns out pigs do not spawn based on game days but based on the time you actually play in real life, so this mod changes that so if you sleep for 4 days the pigs will spawn, the way the game currently works is if you sleep for 20 days strait the pigs will not spawn, but lighting the pig house on fire will magically spawn the pig, this mod gets rid of that and allows pigs to spawn even if you sleep)

31 minutes ago, Soto8969 said:

Do you have any mods installed? also pigs and wildbores go to their houses at dusk and night so you should visit them when it is day to see them.

Try it... take any wildbore house they just don't spawn... As of the most recent update you magically get one wildbore stuck in the house forever after you kill the original occupant.

2 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

Try it... take any wildbore house they just don't spawn... As of the most recent update you magically get one wildbore stuck in the house forever after you kill the original occupant.

Can you hit the house with a Hammer once to get them to come outside?

Just now, NoQuitting said:

In all fairness, it's a pretty small house. It's not like food in you refrigerator magically just appears...(opens fridge)... "WOO! FREE BACON!"

2 hours ago, Soto8969 said:

Set it on fire and then extinguish it with a ice staff or a piece of ice.

This works but I just loaded a reign of giants game and this same glitch is happening with the regular pigmen no matter how long you wait you need fire to get them out... is this a glitch introduced by shipwrecked?

Just now, Soto8969 said:

Did you said that you had a mod installed?

I just used the AllRecipes command to spawn it in and make a tent real quick to test this out. If you try for yourself without any mods you will have the same problem.

Have you tried to verify the game's files integrity? you can do that by Right clicking the game in the Steam library>then go to properties(all the way to the bottom) > then go to "Local Files"> then click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". 

2 minutes ago, Soto8969 said:

Have you tried to verify the game's files integrity? you can do that by Right clicking the game in the Steam library>then go to properties(all the way to the bottom) > then go to "Local Files"> then click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". 

I double dare you, find a pig house, kill the pig and wait 500 years for him to respawn. I am working on a mod as we speak to fix this glitch until the next update. They should be leaving the house every 4 days.

10 minutes ago, CapyChristian said:

It just takes time. They'll come out in a few days.

Maybe there is something wrong with my game, I literally tested this over and over again. I did use console commands to fast forward time to verify it maybe that can cause it? But I also used tents to test it... When I use this mod I made it works every 4 days + doesn't have that fire ice glitch.

20 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

Maybe there is something wrong with my game, I literally tested this over and over again. I did use console commands to fast forward time to verify it maybe that can cause it? But I also used tents to test it... When I use this mod I made it works every 4 days + doesn't have that fire ice glitch.

The pigs and wildbores respawn after four game days worth of actual play time, skipping time forward using the console or a tent doesn't count towards this time. 

26 minutes ago, FooBargle said:

The pigs and wildbores respawn after four game days worth of actual play time, skipping time forward using the console or a tent doesn't count towards this time. 

So sleeping for 20 days strait does not spawn the pigs, but lighting the pig or bore house on fire will magically spawn the pigs instantly whenever you want. So I guess my sloppy mod just makes it more intuitive and fair for the non-glitcher.

Archived