Spider queen- need help

Hi..

Last time I needed help with a treeguard, this time a wild spider queen has appeard.

And I must say I'm not very pleased with it, since I've only got a spear and logsuit armor. No fancy darts or spider hat yet..

If I leave it alone, will it turn into a spider den? (Read that on the wiki).

If no, how do I kill it... :l

~rocket

It *should* become a level 1 spuder den after some time,yet all mine instantly became a spider queen again..

First off,decide wether or not you want to engage in battle with one.If you stay near her,she will produce spiders,making it more difficult to fight her.When you do want to kill her,this is my tactic,maybe other people have other tactics..

Attack the spider queen once so she focusses on you.After she attacks,hit her two times with the spear.Continue doing this.If she starts producing a spider,you can hit her more often untill she is done.Kill the small spider first,regardless what kind it is.Run away a bit so only the spider is close to you.After you killed it,get back to the spider queen,dodge her attack and continue the previous steps untill she's dead.I hope this helps :)

Well.. see if u have some pigs (4+) near the area and recruit them.

if u don't i really not sure what do. i only kill 3 spiders queens and the 3 with pigs help.

The only pigs in my world take 1 day to get to.. so that won't work. Also, I might be able to lure her to an adjecent island where I've planted a small forest, and light it on fire..

I really don't think I can kill her with just a spear and log armor :l

Spider queens are really fun. Place some tooth traps, and bee mines in front of you. The spider queen should just follow straight into it. Fire darts somewhat help, but you don't need it. Use regular traps too - to trap the numerous spiders that spawn. I found pigs to be inefficient when a lot of spiders spawn, because of the bees...but that's my fault. You could also, just lead them into beefalo. Or - wait until hounds come, and let the hounds attack the spiders. Bring straw rolls.

Attack the spider queen once so she focusses on you.After she attacks,hit her two times with the spear.Continue doing this.If she starts producing a spider,you can hit her more often untill she is done.Kill the small spider first,regardless what kind it is.Run away a bit so only the spider is close to you.After you killed it,get back to the spider queen,dodge her attack and continue the previous steps untill she's dead.I hope this helps :)

This is what I do, personally. Put on your best armor (Log Suit for sure, Football Helmet if you have one) and your Spear/Tentacle Spike, then get close enough for her to take a swing at you. Run away a few steps (using WASD to move while dodging is very useful), then move in to attack after she's done singing.

With practice, you can hit her four times before she attacks again, but starting with two or three is safer if you're not combat-savvy yet. Keep attacking and using WASD to flee when she starts her attack animation until she dies, basically. If she starts pooping out a Spider, you can hit her 5+ times, so go to town, then back a half-screen or so away and kill the lone Spider, then go back to whittling away the Queen's health.

With a Spear, it's going to take twenty-ish hits, so be prepared to practice your hit-and-run tactics for a while. Still, once you figure out when (and how far) to dodge, she can be killed without taking too much damage. This same tactic works wonders on Tentacles in the swamp, Treeguards, and - to a lesser extent - Hounds, so practicing it is never a bad thing.

Edited by Marak