[SUGGESTION] Keep worlds that you died in as a secret "slot" for the Seaworthy.

Clue's in the title. One extra slot where whenever you die, that world is kept there. (Grave and Mound on permadeath please) - Seaworthy can use this world, so your new character can "take over" the last one's progress. It's pretty bad, and would mean on death it'd have to unmerge worlds, but it'd help noobs. Say >Die in RoG as Wigfrid >Seaworthy in SW as Warly >Die in RoG as Warly again >Seaworthy in SW as Wigfrid, and you're back to Square 1, albeit with all the changes the other 2 made.

19 hours ago, Soto8969 said:

This is drastically infinite lives, because you can just use infinite seaworthies to keep playing the world you died in.

Just like you can use infinite meat effigies to keep playing the world you died in.

21 hours ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

And that's exactly the point of it. If you don't like it don't use it. Maybe a setting to turn off this sixth slot.

"Don't like it, don't use it" is just a lazy argument in this case. This is like adding a respawn button to the death screen but saying it's justified because you don't have to click it. It just shouldn't be there. It's a perma death game, that means and only means your character and world goes bye-bye without preparing resurrection, no exceptions.

19 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

"Don't like it, don't use it" is just a horrible and lazy argument in this case. This is like adding a respawn button to the death screen but saying it's justified because you don't have to click it. It just shouldn't be there. It's a perma death game, that means and only means your character and world goes bye-bye without preparing resurrection, no exceptions.

Jesus, who spat in your cheerios

Just now, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

@Theinsanefruitloop He likes you ;3 haha, you edited it!

Since you seem keen on derailing your own topic, I might as well put it back on topic for you.

The game is centralized around a permadeath mechanic. If you die, and you have no pre-prepared way to ressurect yourself, you lose everything. Adding your proposed feature would mean you have the option to go back and save your world, which is a huge no-no in perma-death.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

To use the Seaworthy you must randomly find it on one of the island. If you're in RoG it requires you to craft it but it isn't necessarily a lot of work and it also works permanently. I built my Seaworthy on day 8.

You also have a Shadow Manipulator Day 8, using Maxwell's perks doesn't make it easier for everyone. Bruh. It IS hard to craft, and it IS hard to find, glorifying Meat Effigies as an item of the gods far harder than the Seaworthy is wrong.

5 minutes ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

You also have a Shadow Manipulator Day 8, using Maxwell's perks doesn't make it easier for everyone. Bruh. It IS hard to craft, and it IS hard to find, glorifying Meat Effigies as an item of the gods far harder than the Seaworthy is wrong.

I also built it on my Wilson world by day 12 due to finding bishops in a set piece. It's not hard to build. If you're determined, you can anything in this game within a short amount of time. Not to mention if you start your world in Shipwrecked it's even easier to abuse.

The bottom line is it is a permanent way to cheat death and nothing like that should be in the game regardless of how much work it takes, it's perma death. Every other method of resurrection isn't permanent and/or has a drawback to using it.

I also built it on my Wilson world by day 12 due to finding bishops in a set piece. It's not hard to build. If you're determined to can craft anything in this game within a short amount of time.

The bottom line is it is a permanent way to cheat death and nothing like that should be in the game.

Let's make DST ban you from the game when you die. Cut effigies too! Screw touchstones! Life-Giving Amulet OP! NERF!

5 minutes ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

Let's make DST ban you from the game when you die. Cut effigies too! Screw touchstones! Life-Giving Amulet OP! NERF!

DST is a multiplayer game designed with different intentions than the singleplayer game, banning someone when they die in a multiplayer game wouldn't be fun, that's why it has a different death system than singleplayer. Bringing it up DST to begin with is just asinine and shows your just grasping at straws for your argument.

As I said, the other resurrection methods aren't permanent and/or have drawbacks. Touchstones spawn in limited amounts, you'll out eventually run out. Effigies have a health penalty and must be re-crafted. Amulets must be worn on your chest, taking up your backpack space and armor, have durability, and must be crafted with a recipe even harder than the effigy. The Seaworthy is a permanent structure that would link to your dead worlds under your suggestion, that's where your argument falls apart.

DST is a multiplayer game designed with different intentions than the singleplayer game, banning someone when they die in a multiplayer game wouldn't be fun, that's why it has a different death system than singleplayer. Bringing it up DST to begin with is just asinine and shows your just grasping at straws for your argument.

As I said, the other resurrection methods aren't permanent and/or have drawbacks. Touchstones spawn in limited amounts, you'll out eventually. Effigies have a health penalty and must be re-crafted. The Seaworthy is a permanent structure that would link to your dead worlds under your suggestion

If you honestly think it shouldn't be added because you feel forced to use it, that's stupid.

At the very least non-merged words should use it, so the "Someone was here before me" ploy is true. Also, you can't unmerge 2 worlds, so that permanent effigy crap, is BS, and that's the best way to put it :)

Someone have self-control issues?

6 minutes ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

If you honestly think it shouldn't be added because you feel forced to use it, that's stupid.

At the very least non-merged words should use it, so the "Someone was here before me" ploy is true. Also, you can't unmerge 2 worlds, so that permanent effigy crap, is BS, and that's the best way to put it :)

Someone have self-control issues?

If you spent any time reading what I said you would realize I'm not saying it shouldn't be added because I feel you're forced to use it. I'm saying this is a permadeath game, the option shouldn't exist in the first place. Otherwise, it's not a permadeath game. Remember the game is advertised as a uncompromising wilderness survival game. Uncompromising means no compromises. 

Non-merged RoG worlds don't run with shipwrecked are therefore wouldn't be able to use the Seaworthy in the first place, so that would only apply to SW worlds that haven't bridged to RoG. The function of the Seaworthy is to act as a bridge between RoG and SW, not act as a way to cheat death.

This sort of feature seems better as a small blast from the past that you might encounter when world hopping from the same world.

Say I have a save file of Wendy that I got pretty far but ended up dying in. I start a new game, let's say as Wickerbottom. Gather all the Things in Wicker's world and jump into a portal. Not always, but maybe after a few portal hops, I'll run into my dead Wendy's world! I'd only recommend a dead Wendy skeleton, some of their structures like walls, machines, but where the chests are could be burnt up to show decay over the time it has been sine Wendy was here. Maybe even some of he structures and walls missing. This way you aren't just world hopping constantly to get an old save completely back (make a new adventure for yourself!).

Whiel something like that could be a neat feature, it also seems like extra work that isn't quite necessary. The game would have to hold onto your saves, which would likely mean larger files. I suppose if it went based off the morgue, it might be less data-consuming, but I'd rather see other features being put in. Maybe this would work better as a Mod.

25 minutes ago, TalZahn said:

This sort of feature seems better as a small blast from the past that you might encounter when world hopping from the same world.

Say I have a save file of Wendy that I got pretty far but ended up dying in. I start a new game, let's say as Wickerbottom. Gather all the Things in Wicker's world and jump into a portal. Not always, but maybe after a few portal hops, I'll run into my dead Wendy's world! I'd only recommend a dead Wendy skeleton, some of their structures like walls, machines, but where the chests are could be burnt up to show decay over the time it has been sine Wendy was here. Maybe even some of he structures and walls missing. This way you aren't just world hopping constantly to get an old save completely back (make a new adventure for yourself!).

Whiel something like that could be a neat feature, it also seems like extra work that isn't quite necessary. The game would have to hold onto your saves, which would likely mean larger files. I suppose if it went based off the morgue, it might be less data-consuming, but I'd rather see other features being put in. Maybe this would work better as a Mod.

THIS is the kind of replies I like. Not "god no pls no I said no"

19 minutes ago, CheeseburgerCockatoo said:

If you keep making snarky reponses I'm just going to report them dude, but carry on.

Just stating what I observe, don't mean to cause a flamewar. I've made my point clear already and I still stand by it.

Futhermore, because I haven't asked it yet, why should this be added? Why is there a need for the Seaworthy to do this? Why is there a need for another way to resurrect a world in a permadeath game? It's meant to simply act like a bridge between SW and RoG, why have it do this? The crucial part of a suggestion is "Why?"

Let me put my 5 cents in it.

Don't Starve is a roguelike survival game. Emphasis on roguelike i.e permandeath. A meat effigy is a way to ressurect, but the items are hard to get (beard hair) and it is a one time use only.

The seaworthy is a infinite time use i.e infinite uses. If that is not OP, don't know what is.

As for the don't like it, don't use it argument, let's put wings on our character, make them fly, remove all hostile mobs, give characters free marble suits just lying around and give them all the perks of all other characters. If you don't like that, then don't use it. No, if something so in your face and so OP exists, the argument has no leverage.

EDIT: After reading the other half of this thread, i also think as a mod this would be great.

BUT i also think that this system will help NO one, not even noobs.

Say, i have a world at day 200. I die. I create another one, at day twenty i make a seaworthy and use it. I go to the day 200 one. Hounds come. I have 0 protection and ways to deal with the hounds (12). I die again. And if the items and tooth traps of my first day 200 game stay put, then that's just OP. You can just continue a save as long as you like. Even if you die, then that's just some 20 days of material finding.

As a mod, i would like it and play it. It'll be kind of like the god mod. OP, but fun. It'd be better if this was in the mod section.

Archived