Wilbur Vs Webber

Webber Vs Wilbur  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Webber Vs Wilbur

• Webber
    • Wilbur

While I do enjoy being showered in sticks, grass and limpets whereever I walk, Webber's perks just are a bigger game changer. For Wilbur, it's basically just a rather nice convenience ontop of the normal SW gameplay, whereas for Webber, you're required to play differently from the norm. Besides, personality-wise, Webber is also my favorite, and Wilbur isn't really the best conversationalist.

Webber by a landslide!

Webbers perks are way more distinct:

- he is the only Monster character in DS (ballphins, pigs, bunnyman, catcoons, etc. hate him)

- he is the only char that can befriend an army of spiders only with 2-3 meat (all other chars have to kill a boss and wear a sanity draining hat with low durability for that effect)

- he is the only char that can eat Monster Meat and Monster Lasagne without penalty (that is a big perk, he can survive only of his spiders)

- he is the only char that can craft spider dens

- and he grows a beard with cold insulation, that drops silk (6) when he shaves it

- spider queens are neutral to him (the only char that is neutral to a boss, without doing anything for that)

and...

Wilbur

- can run with 2,0 speed after walking 3 seconds in the same direction (before that and in boats he has only 0.5 speed and is slower than every other character)

- is permanently befriended with prime apes (they don't help him in fights like webbers spiders and every other char can get Wilburs perk, only by feeding 1 shabby banana to 1 random prime ape)

- poops 1 manure every 2-5 days...(you can get 80 manure just by feeding 80 petals and 4 monster meat to a wild boar/pig to make a werepig out of it, that transform the petals to manure in 50 seconds)

- gets 10 sanity from bananas and cooked bananas (thats ok I guess)

- can't speak (we know that from wes, is not that big of a deal most of the time)

- can throw manure for 10 damage (is decent for catching birds without a bird trap or aggro fleeing mobs)

So at the moment Wilbur is bascally a faster (but most of the time slower) Wilson,

with less sanity and without a magnificent beard.

Possible changes to make Wilbur more distinct:

1. His frequency to produce poop gets increased (maybe every 1-2 days or every time his stomach is full enough)

2. He gets a plus 10 sanity bonus from Banana Pop, like he does from normal and cooked bananas now.

3. He can speak very simple words, if he wears the Brain of Thought. (like: "danger", "hunger", "wet", "hurt")

4. He starts with 1-2 bananas. (he could befriend Prime Apes properly very early on to fight for him, like webber can with his spiders or he just eats the bananas like Wigfrid can eat her starting meat, to make the start a little bit easier, if you are very unlucky with your first few islands)

5. He is like his Prime Ape subjects a Vegetarian and can't eat meat items. (he can't eat everything that Wigfrid CAN eat)

6. He can craft a Prime Ape Hut right from the start, he shouldn't need an Alchemy Engine for that.

Or he is the only char that can craft Prime Ape Huts, like only Webber can craft Spider Dens.

7. At the moment every other character can also use Wilburs "special "Prime Ape friendship perk, that all apes throw picked up items to them, just feed 1 single banana to 1 random Prime Ape and all other 20 Primes Apes throw there complete inventory to Wilson, Willow, Walani, etc.

It would be enough, if only the Prime Ape that got the banana throws his inventory to Wilson, Walani, Willow, etc.

there is no reason why anybody can "steal" Wilburs perk, that would also give King Wilbur a bigger advantage with his Prime Ape subjects, compared to all non ape/monkey characters.

I played Wilbur 160 days as a Vegetarian and after 20 days, when your dragon fruit farms are running (or 40 days if you are really unlucky like me and didn't got 1 freaking dragon fruit), he plays similiar to all the other chars, but the first 20 days are very fun with Wilbur, because food has a bigger priority for a Vegetarian character, than for every other character, that can eat meatballs, fish, meat, morsel, fish morsel, limpets, etc.

Also the Dripple Pipes is actually useful with a Vegetarian character, because you can make rain in Dry Season to speed up your crop production of your farms/improved farms.

The one thing I liked about Shipwrecked is the freedom you're given to craft certain things. Taking something that can be used for farming bananas and morsels that everyone had access to before suddenly being locked behind a character would displease a good amount of people. I like the idea, but maybe he could craft something else instead of huts, maybe a better monkey ball or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Muttbutt said:

The one thing I liked about Shipwrecked is the freedom you're given to craft certain things. Taking something that can be used for farming bananas and morsels that everyone had access to before suddenly being locked behind a character would displease a good amount of people. I like the idea, but maybe he could craft something else instead of huts, maybe a better monkey ball or something like that.

*ahem* Rawling.

Just now, SapphireBullets said:

Maybe some kind of monkey throne? A sort of dropping-off point for Prime Apes to bring goodies to when he's off screen?

What's Horry Patter got to do with this?

Better Monkey Ball should be Rawling, the Wilson type Volleyball Watricia was going to have. It's already throwable, why not keep it infinite and give it to Wilbur. It could be his "voice".

2 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

1. His frequency to produce poop gets increased (maybe every 1-2 days or every time his stomach is full enough)

2 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

6. He can craft a Prime Ape Hut right from the start, he shouldn't need an Alchemy Engine for that.

Those 2 suggestions for Wilbur I like the best.

Archived