Wigfrid needs a viking boat.

I agree that Wigfrid should get a viking longboat. It's too thematic to pass up. However, it doesn't actually have to be a unique boat with improved stats or anything since Wigfrid is already an effective character (both in DS and DS:SW). It simply being a re-skinned Armored Boat would work just fine.

Considering how little work is left to be put into SW, I think the other issues are much more important to address and tweak (Sharks, floaty boaty knights, etc.). This a cool idea, but considering Wigfrid is not a SW character, I don't see why she should get something unique in that world. I'd say leave it to be a mod rather than base game content.

Just to make it clear, I only made this suggestion due to how thematic it is, not because it would actually be a requirement for good and balanced gameplay. And I'm well aware that this is most definitely not going to be implemented for realz, I just wanted to share my mental image of it with the world :p

2 hours ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Why make an overly used character more overused? What they SHOULD do is make a warship thats super hard to make yet everyone can use.

How can a character be overused in a single player game?

Besides, with all the hate towards Wigfrid being an underpowered Wolfgang, this could be just the buff she needs.

I like the notion of characters having new special abilities in SW. WX-78 already has that in form of his poison immunity and arguably Wes ability to mime paddle also fits this bill. I think there could be more of it. There's a thread discussing the idea of the werebeaver being able to swim, for example. As for Wigfrid, I'd love if there was a viking boat with very little health that heals every time she kill something while using it to extend her playstyle to the sea. These things might be a lot of work to implement though :-?

Archived