Sealnado & wetness mechanics need another look

Coming from someone who knows how and has done it several times, I think Sealnado needs reworked in a way. Or wetness should no longer make you lose grip of weapons. The problem is soon as you drop your weapon you will be chasing it for ever, unless you were lucky enough to get the dumbrella before monsoon season. If he comes right as morning comes you have a good chance but if it's dusk and he shows up you can get royally screwed real quick.

I'm curious, why doesn't a simple Snakeskin Jacket + Snakeskin Hat work (I'm assuming you are fighting him on the ocean)? Even just the Hat gives enough protection from rain during the Hurricane season to not get significantly wet.

Just wear some wetness protection, there some combinations that give you good protection that aren't expesnvie. 

Sealnado itself isn't that hard, just has a slight deviation from your standard kiting routine, in which you simply move away while it preps its sucking attack and wait for it to come back to you.

4 hours ago, dthorn88 said:

If he comes right as morning comes you have a good chance but if it's dusk and he shows up you can get royally screwed real quick.

Just make sure you have three things prepared before Hurricane season: armor boat + cutlass supreme + miner hat

You shouldn't have any problem dealing with Sealnado on the sea, in fact, it is super easy compare to fighting it on land. Hit it few times and run away when he start using skill, dodge those big waves. The next round you should be able to tank through the waves and just hit it until it dies.

For sanity dropping due to wetness, banana pop is super useful so just find prime ape farms or build it yourself.  

Sealnado is the only hard giant in SW, and he really doesn't need a rework.

D3smond really summed it up well. Armoured Boat is also needed for...well everything(Yeah, boats don't go in a tree way, where each boat is good for something else. there's the armoured boat for actually surviving at sea...and that's it.). Cutlass is the best until you get trident/obsidian spear/[insert other weapons I personally didnt use yet], and miner hat...Well I made due with an obsidian fire pit, and a boat lantern, but whatever floats your boat.

There's also how unlike Deerclops, Sealnado is not guaranteed to come(Well, yeah, Deerclops is just a chance to come, and not a 100% chance, but come on now, the chance that he won't come is so tiny. Sealnado has a much bigger chance to not come as it seems), so if you get the benefit of encountering him after surviving a year, he's suddenly a lot less hard too.

I have an island near my base where I take out hounds and Sealnado, alongside just monkey farm for some banana pops. It has an obsidian firepit, chests full of armor and weapons, and some fuel. 

Archived