Can't get it to run.

I apologize in advance if I am, posting in the wrong sub-forum, I am new to this forums and having some trouble navigating as my eye sight is limited.

I cannot get the Don't Starve together Beta to run. I believe I got it early last year and was able to play it just fine on my old laptop. I have a new computer, it is Windows 7 Home Premium, I downloaded the game through Steam. When I try to play it just will not let me, it goes to a white screen and then crashes. 

Is there any way to fix this? Thank you.

Love. - Athena 

Update*******
Okay, I read somewhere that if I had the game before June 3rd, 2015, I need to check my gifts and get the new versions, it is there bit it is not letting me add it to my library. 

It says it is in my library but it is not.

dont.jpg

dont1.jpg

dont2.jpg

Make sure you have the MS VS Redistributable installed.

There's one in the folder (Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\VCRedist\vcredist_x86

Not sure if there are any more required, but since this is the only one I would assume it's the only one that's needed.

9 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Make sure you have the MS VS Redistributable installed.

There's one in the folder (Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\VCRedist\vcredist_x86

Not sure if there are any more required, but since this is the only one I would assume it's the only one that's needed.

How do I do this? 

11 minutes ago, AthenaShy said:

Like this?

(img)

Since it's stating to repair/uninstall I would imagine you already have the 2008 x86 installed.

There is the DirectX one in an adjacent folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together\DXRedist\DXSETUP.exe

Also found a nice article from Klei with all of this information, you should give it a looky-loo and see if any of it applies to you: Article.

Also posting the log the game has can really help out.

C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt

I  did the : Verify Game Cache Integrity on Steam  and  re-running installers and no luck.

The only thing I can think that would be the problem is that I have the Don't Starve Beta from when I got it last year in my library and not the Don't Starve Together that is in my gifts, but it will not let it add to my library and I can't re purchase Don't Starve Together because it says I already own it.    

1. Got to steam -> library -> right click on Don't Starve Together beta -> Properties -> Local Files -> click on button 'Verify ingegrity of game cache ...'

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1854779-dst-is-crashing-dst-won-t-start

3. Open the file C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt. Read the last lines of it. If it does not help, post it here.

pic1.PNG

10 hours ago, AthenaShy said:

I  did the : Verify Game Cache Integrity on Steam

ups, didn't read it. When the game is in your library and you can press on 'play', then you should already own the game and that it is installed. Starting and crashing it will cause log file - hopefully XD

Archived