New Walking Cane and Quacken Love!

11 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Hidden Content

To be honest tou there is really no need for another version of the cane just give me a way to craft it in SW with or without the Walrus Tusk

Like...with a Quacken Tentacle? ^^

I hammered atleast 200 dubblons in the Slot Machine, I have still no Walking Cane, but got 4 Top Hats in a row *cry*

21 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Hidden Content

To be honest tou there is really no need for another version of the cane just give me a way to craft it in SW with or without the Walrus Tusk

I've always thought that making a reskin of an item is better than just porting it over unchanged.

Imagine how much people would get annoyed if the dumbrella had the same texture as the eyebrella?

Or the obsidian armour the same as the scalemail?

Or if the standard Shipwrecked spiders were the same as the RoG-

Damn

44 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I've always thought that making a reskin of an item is better than just porting it over unchanged.

Imagine how much people would get annoyed if the dumbrella had the same texture as the eyebrella?

Damn

Or the standard Hounds would be the sam... ohhh I really want Hyenas....please Klei and Capy.

45 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Damn

I think the thing is that i feel like there is really no reason to Reskin the Walking Cane i mean there isn't really a need for a tropical Version considering what it is. And even then I fell like it should not just be the special Item from the Quacken considering how you can get one easily in the RoG worlds from the Mc Tusk Hunting party or just randomly found near a skeleton.

Quacken drop should be something more substancial and not just a reskin of an already existing item.

1 minute ago, Mr.P said:

I think the thing is that i feel like there is really no reason to Reskin the Walking Cane i mean there isn't really a need for a tropical Version considering what it is. And even then I fell like it should not just be the special Item from the Quacken considering how you can get one easily in the RoG worlds from the Mc Tusk Hunting party or just randomly found near a skeleton.

Quacken drop should be something more substancial and not just a reskin of an already existing item.

You mean something like a Quackering Ram or an Oil Thrower? ^^

Just now, HeilerderWelten said:

You mean something like a Quackering Ram or an Oil Thrower? ^^

Pretty much something more unique is more fitting for a Giant drop rather then a reskin of an existing item from the other worlds. Also another thing is that i don't really see the connection between a giant Duck-Squid and a Walking Cane if all else the tentacle should be combined with the Elephant Cactus thornes to create a stronger version of the Tentacle Spike.

43 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I can give you one of mine :c

I got a walking cane in 15 dubloons, and then another from the quacken. 

I saw the Quacken 20 minutes ago the first time in my game and killed it with a spear

(that poor thing should really have more than 1000 health Klei and Capy) and got a volcano staff...and no Walking Cane... : (

What does the staff do? Can you fire volcano bombs more controlled or does it unleash the whole load over my world?

2 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Pretty much something more unique is more fitting for a Giant drop rather then a reskin of an existing item from the other worlds. Also another thing is that i don't really see the connection between a giant Duck-Squid and a Walking Cane if all else the tentacle should be combined with the Elephant Cactus thornes to create a stronger version of the Tentacle Spike.

I like that, that would bring more use to the cactus.

Just now, HeilerderWelten said:

I saw the Quacken 20 minutes ago the first time in my game and killed it with a spear

(that poor thing should really have more than 1000 health Klei and Capy) and got a volcano staff...and no Walking Cane... : (

What does the staff do? Can you fire volcano bombs more controlled or does it unleash the whole load over my world?

It unleashes the load on your target. Also can be used on the obsidian boulders. (My chest of the depths contained a thulecite armor and crown, ballphin free tuna thing, a trinket i think, a walking cane, and a coral, i also still had the second key who popped up right when quacken showed up)

I really like Quacken though. its more of a maze to the head, but the head tries to tank it without having that much hp, and that IMO is why its "easy". 

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

It unleashes the load on your target. Also can be used on the obsidian boulders. (My chest of the depths contained a thulecite armor and crown, ballphin free tuna thing, a trinket i think, a walking cane, and a coral, i also still had the second key who popped up right when quacken showed up)

I really like Quacken though. its more of a maze to the head, but the head tries to tank it without having that much hp, and that IMO is why its "easy". 

Yeah Klei and Capy did a very great job with the Art Design, Sound Design and the general concept of the Quacken Boss, but at the moment it has just not a enough health, it is missing a close range attack (like a bite) and it is deperatly missing 1 or 2 special Quacken drops.

It is just not very impressive to hack 3 rounds with a normal spear on his/her face, without any real danger and then only get a chest and a backpack that looks like a chest from it. But with some tweaks the Quacken can become very great and memorable in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

Yeah Klei and Capy did a very great job with the Art Design, Sound Design and the general concept of the Quacken Boss, but at the moment it has just not a enough health, it is missing a close range attack (like a bite) and it is deperatly missing 1 or 2 special Quacken drops.

It is just not very impressive to hack 3 rounds with a normal spear on his/her face, without any real danger and then only get a chest and a backpack that looks like a chest from it. But with some tweaks the Quacken can become very great and memorable in my opinion.

the booty bag also drops dubloons, and looks cooler.

The chest's drop table contains all round good stuff IMO, but maybe needs more/exclusive quacken drops.

Though this is becoming a discussion for another thread. (My ideal Quacken tweak would be enough hp to pose a threat, and when it gets hit, it bites, and moves away, instead of standing there and moving away after a few hits)

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

the booty bag also drops dubloons, and looks cooler.

The chest's drop table contains all round good stuff IMO, but maybe needs more/exclusive quacken drops.

Though this is becoming a discussion for another thread. (My ideal Quacken tweak would be enough hp to pose a threat, and when it gets hit, it bites, and moves away, instead of standing there and moving away after a few hits)

What if it defends the head like the Tentapillars in the caves do? I mean if you whack the head a few smaller tentacles sprout next to your boat and try to dissmantel it. Would make sense for it tbh and it also wouldn't be to hard to add since it only needs a light reskin of the Mini-Tentacles from the Tentapillars and the spawning code can also be reused from those.

1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:

My ideal Quacken tweak would be enough hp to pose a threat, and when it gets hit, it bites, and moves away, instead of standing there and moving away after a few hits

+ Oil Gland (for Oil Thrower) and Quacken Beak (for Quackering Ram) and that cuty will become my favourite Boss in Don't Starve.

(The Bearger is my fav at the moment...that eating and sleeping animation OvO)

4 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

What if it defends the head like the Tentapillars in the caves do? I mean if you whack the head a few smaller tentacles sprout next to your boat and try to dissmantel it. Would make sense for it tbh and it also wouldn't be to hard to add since it only needs a light reskin of the Mini-Tentacles from the Tentapillars and the spawning code can also be reused from those.

I fear that the little tentacles just stagger the shi.. out of your boat until it sinks...but maybe that forces players to range combat, could work.

That beeing said I really want to see its bite animation. ^^

4 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

+ Oil Gland (for Oil Thrower) and Quacken Beak (for Quackering Ram) and that cuty will become my favourite Boss in Don't Starve.

(The Bearger is my fav at the moment...that eating and sleeping animation OvO)

I fear that the little tentacles just stagger the shi.. out of your boat until it sinks...but maybe that forces players to range combat, could work.

That beeing said I really want to see its bite animation. ^^

It could even do both.

Being hit, biting, moving the head underwater,  summoning smaller tentacles, moving with the entire body to a new spot, and again. Would make a cool thing to try and kite, and would work with ranged attacks too.

Archived