[Suggestion] Woodlegs - The Pirate Captain

I really like this character but some changes (in my opinion) are necessary:

1. He loses sanity on islands as normal --> but on the sea he regains it (the same rate).

2. He cannot drown (as it is now) --> but after every time ship is destroyed with him aboard, he loses 35 permanent health (overexertion) which lasts 6 days each (cumulative).

3. His ship is faster, but less durable. Cannon have 50/99 uses and can be fueled with coconuts.

Waiting on your opinions :-)

I think if his ship falls apart on him from expended durability or crashing waves, he wakes up on an island. However, I find it hard to believe that when sharks tear apart his ship, he wakes up fine and dandy on the closest island. I think he should actually die if a monster was the cause of his ship breaking.

Cannons should be refuelable anyway, what with the spearguns changes and the fact that the cannons are too expensive for a mediocre weapon.

Overexertion sounds cool.

In regards to his ship, I think it should keep the high durability but have another for a cannon or something. It was obviously meant to be a naval combat orientated ship, but doesn't work very well as one.

I think that he should regain sanity on water, but not at the same rate, as then it could just be exploited to avoid insanity entirely. Maybe he'd gain 2.4 sanity/minute at sea.

4 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

I think that he should regain sanity on water, but not at the same rate, as then it could just be exploited to avoid insanity entirely. Maybe he'd gain 2.4 sanity/minute at sea.

Hmm that's reasonable. I don't know the rate he loses sanity on land now... But what would you say - that he regains sanity on sea at half rate, that he loses on islands?

I personally agree with all original points (except sanity gain on sea which could be halved), on paper they sound reasonable.  However I have not unlocked nor will I for a very long time, most probably, and that's why I hesitated on commenting previously.  Looking at the stream however, his boat does seem too slow, and an infinite cannon is a little weird, in general.

The exploitable drowning mechanic needs tweaking as well.  The fact he survives is already a massive boon.

Also... isn't his head... too big? :o  Must be all that rum...

Archived