Missing Sound Effect (hounds, tentacles, birchnutters etc.) in a Dedicated Server

In my dedicated server playing as an admin from the same computer (using the pre-configured dedicated server setting from within Steam Tools), I found that some, but not all, sound effects of some mobs are missing. Namely, some signaling sounds against player, such as the hounds barking, tentacle mumbling under ground and swiping above, mosslings calling for Goose, Goose calling for attack etc. However, the music, and ambient sound are fine.

I also noted that attacking Goose didn't register (hitting the Goose didn't play any animation when staying directly under her by pressing F when she hops towards me at the same time); however, if I run towards her (while she is attacking) AFTER she hopped (so that she won't hop to me when I am approaching), then my attacks got registered (she played hurt animation, and I got sanity and hp back as Wigfrig). I am not sure if these are from the same bug.

Running pre-configured world with Caves with all default settings and without Mods.

Also, there are times when I could stand right under Dragonfly, Goose etc., and the giants will not take hits from me, and when I move past them from that point, the server will move me back to the other side (where I came from, just like a lag), then I would get hit again. How is it possible to get such a big lag from your own server? I barely get lag from many dedicated public servers (e.g. Community-NY-2).

Archived