the smalbird grows?

I believe the Devs have planned an entire Tallbird life cycle, so you'll be able to raise your smallbird eventually up to a tallbird. I didn't know about the teenbird, but it makes sense. Most everything has 4 tiers (2 normal Tiers and the transitional, which would be the queen or the spider egg for spiders, the egg for Tallbirds, the dead tree or pinecone for evergreens.) Maybe this will extend to Tentacles (There's already been a hint that they have a life cycle... Read what Wilson says when he examines a tentacle spot) Pigs (actually, given the difficulty the Devs have had lately balancing the Pig respawn, maybe pig houses should spawn piglets that grow into pigs eventually? Not sure that would fix the problems, but it might. Although, technically, one could argue that the 4 Tiers of Pig are Pig House, Pig, Werepig, and of course Pig Butt) and of course the mighty Beefalo. Presumably the Crow, Rabbit, and Redbird have 3 lifecycle phases in the sky or on another archipelago/island.

I believe the Devs have planned an entire Tallbird life cycle, so you'll be able to raise your smallbird eventually up to a tallbird. I didn't know about the teenbird, but it makes sense. Most everything has 4 tiers (2 normal Tiers and the transitional, which would be the queen or the spider egg for spiders, the egg for Tallbirds, the dead tree or pinecone for evergreens.) Maybe this will extend to Tentacles (There's already been a hint that they have a life cycle... Read what Wilson says when he examines a tentacle spot) Pigs (actually, given the difficulty the Devs have had lately balancing the Pig respawn, maybe pig houses should spawn piglets that grow into pigs eventually? Not sure that would fix the problems, but it might. Although, technically, one could argue that the 4 Tiers of Pig are Pig House, Pig, Werepig, and of course Pig Butt) and of course the mighty Beefalo. Presumably the Crow, Rabbit, and Redbird have 3 lifecycle phases in the sky or on another archipelago/island.

That's a pretty well thought-out theory, Pig. Ever since they released the fact you can mother a baby smallbird, I pretty much knew they're going to let you raise it to eventually become your very own tallbird. It'd be kind've hard to cover up the fact that your pint-sized flapper is going to stay a baby forever. But I never thought of it being a 4-staged cycle like most other things in the game. In fact I never really put together that 4-stage cycles are a reoccurring theme in this game at all until you said something lol. I'm very interested to see where the devs take it from here...

Well, I think it's the rule of 3s, slightly modified. Trees and Nests both come in 3 tiers, but there's also other non-tree/non-nest states. So think of it as a 3-stage Life Cycle, plus a little extra. :)

OR, Everything in the don't starve universe evolved from insects! Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult!

Edited by The Pig Whisperer
Thought of the insect theory after hitting 'send'.

Also, I forgot about the Tree Guard. :(

well hes a one time event! - to protect the trees

hounds - one time event (altho you get these quite often the more you survive)

ghosts - one time event (chance to spawn if you grave rob)

krumpus - one time event (if you naughty)

turkey - one time event (eats up all you berries in you farms)

there's an obvious difference between animals and in game cycles to one time events designed to punish you or keep you in check.