Suggestions on LIGHT ITEMS!

Hey! ;)

I've been playing the game for the last week and like it very much! ))

Although there is a story line (main mission) missing, I believe it will come later on.

Here are some of suggestions that came to my mind regarding the LIGHT ITEMS (maybe one of those or few would be useful)

* BUG-LAMP as it is possible to catch the bugs, very logical would be to create a lamp of these light-bugs. Say it needs 1 rope, 8 bugs, and a 2 gold nuggets. Would have lots of research points (1000 would be reasonable I guess). Advantage would be - the light stays ON all the time; disadvantage - impossible to fight beasts while having the light in hand (or make it possible, but there is a high chance of lamp to brake down leaving you in the dark)

* PUMPKIN-LAMP made of 3 pumpkins, bee comb (for the candle inside), 3 wisps of grass;

it would have proper Halloween smile and I think would suit the atmosphere pretty well. Burns till the candle burns out.

* CANDLE-LAMP made of bee comb, 2 wisps of grass, rope and a gold nugget; burns till the candle burns out.

post-503-13764589247579_thumb.jpg

What do you think guys?? ;)

Edited by vadjok88

Still - I very much like the BUG LAMP idea - as there is an item for catching the bugs, but NO actual USE of those bugs... ^^

Candle on itself could be a next basic item after a torch followed by more advanced stuff - lamps (more or less as an items of luxury)!

It takes 2 torches to survive the night. Candle would last more, but danger is to loose a light when fighting.

Thrill of it is to keep it still dangerous, avoiding LIGHT to be TOO easy TO SECURE SAFETY during the night journey, but add a choice!!

I like the fact that even with lots of food you always have a danger of darkness as well.

Edited by vadjok88

You do know you can place fireflies back down on the ground once you catch them and they will stay there and light up every night.

Yeah - I know I can do that. However - if you catch 5 bugs for example - you can't really separate them to light different areas. Not very handy...And its more or less - just a thing for decoration - why there is even a tool for it (that costs quite a lot to make) - just to move these bugs to your garden??! Did it once and never done it again... A lamp would really move people to catch these things.Besides - that what people often do with these bugs - put them in a jar and make a lamp.

Well you can actually seperate them, by holding Ctrl while clicking you split a stack in half. And then you can place the light bugs in paths between different parts of your camp. So as long as you keep moving you will have light. Also, if you stand still next to a bug when night comes, it wont dissapear.