Overworld auto shutdown

The first time my friend and I succeeded in playing in dedicated servers (with mods). But the second time I ran pre-figured dedicated server, the overworld console shutdown by itself, remaining only cave console. I don't know how to fix this and not willing to regenerate a new world because we've spent much time on it and it is really a good map. Plus maybe I will meet the same problem again without finding the issue. Thanks for help!

• Developer

Hey there, sorry for the lack of response to your thread! Just know that you don't need to bump it every hour, do so after some days of inactivity and/or once it leaves the first page after a while! (If you bumped it because of that, then sorry : P)

I'd love to help, but I myself have almost zero experience with how DST Dedicated servers work, but I know someone that can help!

@Zillvr is a master on this stuff, I'm almost certain he'll be able to help you! :)

Hello @leileiMaou sorry for not replying sooner, mind attaching your log.txt file found under the master server folder, that should reflect why it shutdowns on start up. If you really like to keep that world, you can simply just back up the save folder inside your master server folder (in this case, DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld folder.). Copy that save folder and just keep it in another folder, up to you where. Anyway, report back with the log.txt and I'll try and figure out what went wrong. Cheers.

@mockrin that really is an extensive list of mods you have on, from the log it says that the save file is corrupted. Which could be caused by multiple things (interrupted while saving, force-closed for other reasons, the mods itself may have altered the savefile, etc.). The only thing I could suggest is try and back up your save folder inside the master server folder and disable all the mods you have on then check whether you'd be able to start up the server again. Sorry if it that doesn't work, cheers.  

Really appreciate it! Here's my file:

log.txt

I've already regenerated the world in cave console. I don't know if backup will help. (I remember that I regenerated cave and the overworld console regenerated together before the server crashed. However this time the overworld console is closed before I can type anything.)

Thanks again! Cheers!

6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Hey there, sorry for the lack of response to your thread! Just know that you don't need to bump it every hour, do so after some days of inactivity and/or once it leaves the first page after a while! (If you bumped it because of that, then sorry : P)

I'd love to help, but I myself have almost zero experience with how DST Dedicated servers work, but I know someone that can help!

@Zillvr is a master on this stuff, I'm almost certain he'll be able to help you! :)

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind!

Archived