Getting DST when I already have Don't Starve

So I was reading up on Don't Starve Together to see if I wanted it, and I noticed that some of the curators and comments said it was free to them because they had Don't Starve. Is that still available now? If so, how do you perform this? I don't want to sound cheap, but I'm still earning the money for the game and I don't want to do it for nothing.

So I was reading up on Don't Starve Together to see if I wanted it, and I noticed that some of the curators and comments said it was free to them because they had Don't Starve. Is that still available now? If so, how do you perform this? I don't want to sound cheap, but I'm still earning the money for the game and I don't want to do it for nothing.

You could only get DST for free back in June when the floodgates opened to people who didn't have DST but owned vanilla DS.

What about people that already had Don't starve, bought the early acess for don't starve together, but didn't get an extra copy of don't starve together?

Take a look in your Steam inventory for the extra copy. If you're still not able to locate it, give a shout out the the devs at support@kleientertainment.com, they should be able to look at your purchase history of DST and see what's gone awry.

Take a look in your Steam inventory for the extra copy. If you're still not able to locate it, give a shout out the the devs at [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>, they should be able to look at your purchase history of DST and see what's gone awry.

I did look, didn't find it. But thanks, will email them. 

Archived