The Crockpot Gourmet

Mueck

47 minutes ago, sirscrubbingtont said:

Also, why are there stars under the name of the food?

Presumably, they represent Mueck's opinion on the difficulty of making the respective dish. Notice how the least complex recipes have one star, while powder cake (being very hard to get right) has three.

I am very sorry that I am letting you wait for so long. :-?

Thanks for all the great feedback, guys!

I would like to update the book with the new Warly recipes and a few Shipwrecked examination strings from Woodlegs and Warly (if there are some). Also I think some of the food values were changed.

And then I am going to upload the PDF, promise!

And as for the stars, Mobbstar got it right, they are based quite randomly on how complex or useful a recipe is or on how rare the ingredients are. Of course, these only represent my opinion, so if they annoy you, I could give you a version without them as well ;)

11 hours ago, Mueck said:

I just have the base game and the Giants expansion (all that GOG has for sale), so I'd actually prefer the book before those additions :-)  I'm sure I'll have no problem trimming out the ones that don't apply if you only want to upload a full-complete version though. 

Thanks for keeping on this!!

There we go! ;-)

-> TheCrockPotGourmet 2.0.pdf <-

This one now contains all 46 recipes that are currently implemented in DS, RoG and SW. I had to shift around quite a lot of stuff, so this could definitely use some proof reading, especially concerning the values. If you see anything wrong or would like to see something changed, please say so. As there are still many examination quotes missing from Shipwrecked, I sometimes had to be creative and use other fitting quotes for different items.

I realize that the sorting order might be confusing at first:

The odd-numbered pages (PDF pages, not book pages) each need to be glued on the backside of the following (even-numbered) page. Then you have 4 doublesided papers that you need to cut in three pieces each. If you keep the order of papers, you should end up having all recipes sorted into alphabetical order (if I didn't screw up the layout while editing).

I hope I described this clearly enough, English is not my first language. :smile:

If you really want to start on the adventurous task of handicrafting the actual book, I'd recommend glueing the cover onto some thicker paper, then making a few holes in the middle of each page (in the same heights of course) and then sewing it all together with some sort of nylon thread. At least that is what I did, maybe you have a much better idea.

@justdl20160219, here you go (although I highly recommend you to buy Shipwrecked instead ;-)):

-> TheCrockPotGourmet 2.0 NoSW.pdf <-

This one could actually use even more proof reading. Also, unfortunately the 31 recipes from Vanilla and RoG don't divide evenly by 4, so you will end up with three blank pages.

All artworks, texts and ideas featured in these documents belong to Klei Entertainment / Capybara Games, I own nothing. This was not officially done by Klei Entertainment / Capybara Games, it is a fan-made product based on the game Don't Starve and accompanying DLCs which, of course, also belong to Klei Entertainment / Capybara Games. If this causes any problems, I will remove immediately.

1 hour ago, BroccoliCar32 said:

Could we have a version without stars and only with real quotes? Such as ONLY Warly quotes for his recipes, no faked Wilbur quotes or quotes for other items and something to imply it's a Warly recipe? Wilbur quotes can be changed to the monkey sounds.

Removing the stars is not a problem.

The problem is:

Warly does not have a single quote for his own special recipes. In fact, most of the characters do not even have quotes for the regular Shipwrecked recipes yet. So if you only want the real deal, you'll probably have to wait until Shipwrecked is finished. 

And Wilbur actually really says "Nanas!" when examining a banana. ;-)

Archived