Multiplayer not made by developer...fake?

I'm very confused. First we have a possibly fake third-party multiplayer server, using memory hacks and injects it seems, and then the topic turns out to be the guy's desktop.

Well, sorry for necro posting, but Id like to state my side in this dead argument..if you're any sort of respectable coder your desktop will look like a piece of trash.

Um, what? That doesn't mean a thing.

You do realise that it's possible to open a window (quite easily) and show all the programs/shortcuts you have placed on your desktop, right? There-by eliminating the "need" to have all items visible. And let's not forget that, even if you're too lazy to open that window, [right click > show/hide icons] allows you to hide or show your icons as you desire, so you don't have to have icons there all the time.

Yes. The amount of clutter on one's desktop is a clear and definate indication of their capability, or lack of ability, to hack a computer. The only indication.

A person's desktop has nothing to do with their ability to hack anything.

For example, breaking into Pen-testing your wireless network requires nothing more than packet injection capabilities and a terminal. (Lazy bums could always use dictionaries, but who needs those when you have honeypots.)

Desktop... means... zero...

A person's desktop has nothing to do with their ability to hack anything.

For example, breaking into Pen-testing your wireless network requires nothing more than packet injection capabilities and a terminal. (Lazy bums could always use dictionaries, but who needs those when you have honeypots.)

Desktop... means... zero...

well, yes.

But, he's kinda stupid if he's a hacker and he doesn't have a desktop that looks like trash.

Elaborate?

again, I code, and my desktop is full of error logs, programs, art stuffs, servers, etc...He's got to be super OCD if he's got an empty desktop and is a hacker...that's all I'm sayingit's hard to code without tons of programs, and you're breaking tradition.So, if he IS a hacker, I shun him! SHAME!

again, I code, and my desktop is full of error logs, programs, art stuffs, servers, etc...He's got to be super OCD if he's got an empty desktop and is a hacker...that's all I'm sayingit's hard to code without tons of programs, and you're breaking tradition.So, if he IS a hacker, I shun him! SHAME!

I don't mean to stir anything up, but I strongly disagree. A lot can be achieved with as little as wordpad (although that is more than just a little impractical) and experience. Personally, I use netbeans and notepad++, and do like to keep my linux hdd nice and clean, although windows tends to get very crowded. (But that's art stuff and games and things of that nature. All of my important code is on git on a server, or in a folder somewhere within the contents of my hdd.) Now, for a skiddie, yeah, it would be hard for one to do anything remotely productive without craptons of software.

I don't mean to stir anything up, but I strongly disagree. A lot can be achieved with as little as wordpad (although that is more than just a little impractical) and experience. Personally, I use netbeans and notepad++, and do like to keep my linux hdd nice and clean, although windows tends to get very crowded. (But that's art stuff and games and things of that nature. All of my important code is on git on a server, or in a folder somewhere within the contents of my hdd.) Now, for a skiddie, yeah, it would be hard for one to do anything remotely productive without craptons of software.

yes.10characters