Volcano Season got nerfed to the GROUND.

Hellishly was too strong word sorry for that BUT my point was: I can kite DST Deerclops alone and kill him and i can kill Guradian 1v1 in ruins and i can manage all aspects of game (sanity, hunger, hp, wetness) AND i play DS/ROG on default settings. After hundreds of hours and knowing almost everything about this game ROG is still challenging and time to time difficult! Do you remember threads about "i cant get past XY day in ROG/DS"? Now there are post from players that are playing SW as their first DS game saying that game is easy :grin:

When I first got DS, I thought it was ridiculously easy. I died a couple times in my first few games as I was figuring out mechanics, then I got through hundreds of days without issue. (I had one original DS game that I never died in, it just kept going, but which became unplayable because the beefalo seemed to breed indefinitely, and there were SO many that the game just ran too slowly to play.) THAT was easy. I think SW is somewhere between the original DS and ROG right now.

But remember, it's still a beta game. It's incomplete, items are still being added, mechanics are still being tweaked. One of the Klei guys stated in another thread they haven't even begun to look into game balance yet. I think things will waffle about a bit as they develop the game, add new features, fiddle with mechanics, until they find the kind of balance that RoG has. Which I think is pretty good. I don't know about the DST Deerclops, but I have a tough time with the RoG Deerclops, I've only managed to beat him a few times deeper into the game when you have a nice armory of traps and darts and explosives (or one of the super powerful weapons) at your back to take him out.

Moosegoose is a little easy...all you have to do is wait for a frog rain and he's toast (although beware of any remaining babies...once after Moosegoose was killed by the frog, I found about 15 unhatched eggs. I left em, then noticed they were there a couple seasons later...when I cracked one open a while bunch of fuming angry Goslings came out and I almost died from their first whirlwind attacks! Something opened a few of the other eggs, and it was gosling hell after that.)

Come to think of it. This game will get considerably harder if they decide to add season specific boss's to SW like they did in ROG. That was the only thing I found hard in the game. If anything my soul purpose was to prepare for each boss encounter. Everything else was easy enough to deal with. 

No seriously that was my main focus every playthrough of ROG, not the survival part. Which I guess makes sense, since that's what the DLC is called. 

You know now that I mention it. I saw the volcano season pretty much the same way as those giants (when the season was harder). I was like okay, my soul purpose is to prepare and survive that dang season nothing else really matters. 

What I would like is if they could figure out to spread the difficulty across the game somehow instead of just making certain aspects of the game have full control of your playstyle. I hated the giants in ROG cause they took too much away from my other goals in the game. Okay I really want to do this. Oh wait here comes a gaint, SH*^t. okay looks like that's not happening. 

Archived