From no gears to too much

I have to agree with Cyde042. Maybe I've just been unlucky (I've never seen the horses spawn outside of the Wooden Platform), but it seems to be just like RoG. You find a chess biome, boom, 10-15 gears. Also I haven't noticed any difference between before and after the patch. Are they supposed to spawn sometimes in random places in the ocean now?

I have to agree with Cyde042. Maybe I've just been unlucky (I've never seen the horses spawn outside of the Wooden Platform), but it seems to be just like RoG. You find a chess biome, boom, 10-15 gears. Also I haven't noticed any difference between before and after the patch. Are they supposed to spawn sometimes in random places in the ocean now?

Yeah, they do that now, I mentioned it in my reply. No biome or anything, they're just out there patrolling the seas from time to time.

Agreed. I went from not having any for like 60 straight days to running into a small group of them in the ocean and having 12 just like that. I wanna thank the devs for their efforts to at least make sure we don't have no gears since there was a serious lack but whoa

...You know?

YOU KNOW WHAT?!

Before the update, everyone else was having trouble finding gears while I found the Floaty Boaty Knights so often.

Now, after the update, everyone is finding way too many gears, while I can't find any at all. What the hell...

...You know?

YOU KNOW WHAT?!

Before the update, everyone else was having trouble finding gears while I found the Floaty Boaty Knights so often.

Now, after the update, everyone is finding way too many gears, while I can't find any at all. What the hell...

sorry to hear that man, that sucks xP

They seem to spawn near dead whale.

They seem to spawn at places where you are often. I had 3 of them every ~15 days around my base island. Well... really visible from my base. They will probably balance them but added kinda as a bandage.

The problem here is the number of gears each knight drop and number of knights in group.
One knight should only drop 2 gears, 4 is too much.
I think the dev spawn aleast 3-4 knight in one group so they could cover each other (by shooting cannon randomly) because a knight alone is a easy prey.
In the end, the Floaty Boaty Knight need to be rework, like shooting a cannonball with 100% accuracy 3 times (force player to dodge) then pause a bit (give player attack chance). With this rework, a group of two knight is enough to challenge a player and 4 gears drop is suitable reward.

I think they should spawn more randomly while exploring.  The old way (when they were only spawned around one island) was awful and I could go 50 days without finding gears.  

Now in one of my save files, I've had a group of two knights spawning on the shore of my base island .  They've spawned in the same spot  three times so far, and since they're so easy to pick off, I have a stack of gears. 

They should be randomly encountered while sailing, I think.  

Yeah, I had NO gears at all and now I have 36 :p.

At least I could make my 2 ice boxes now lol.

I've noticed that in my save files they LOVE to spawn in coral reefs o3o.

I also have to say that I loved Wendy's statment when examining them XD: "Get of the water you maniac!"

Thing is, I probably would have had more trouble killing them, without Abigail.. most likely because I'm so used to Wendy's helper by now :p.

They could be a little rarer again, OR don't drop that many gears, like 1 per Knight, if you encounter them in groups (3-4 per group).

Maybe we will be getting more gear requiring stuff in the future ... wasn't there something like a sacrifice for the Volcano you had to do?

Could be that you would have to craft some kind of altar that requires gears.

OR more boats that would need gears / weaponry, etc.

The problem here is the number of gears each knight drop and number of knights in group.

One knight should only drop 2 gears, 4 is too much.

I think the dev spawn aleast 3-4 knight in one group so they could cover each other (by shooting cannon randomly) because a knight alone is a easy prey.

In the end, the Floaty Boaty Knight need to be rework, like shooting a cannonball with 100% accuracy 3 times (force player to dodge) then pause a bit (give player attack chance). With this rework, a group of two knight is enough to challenge a player and 4 gears drop is suitable reward.

Exactly, they drop to much and they are to easy to kill.

Yeah that could be a fine way to make the fight harder,

or something like droping water mines or some kind of melee move.

(firing in your face if you are close to them for to long)

I think the spawn is ok now. You don't have to find the portal to find them, it's seems to be like the Normal DS. The think is they are droping too much gears for being so easy to kill. I don't know what to do with so much gears in my chest, they could make the horses a little more difficult to kill or make them drop only 2 gears or make another machine that uses gears or something like that

The boat engine is always welcome too! =D

I had one, then two, then three and now four horses spawn right in front of my base, in the mangrove biome in front of my island. I had prepped that area as my standard docking point, I even dropped fireflies from my boat dock point to my base's gate. Now I have to fight my way through a bunch of horses every few days. Barely scraping by each time, and if it increases to five horses, then I'm going to have to change my docking point to one of the other sides of the island (which are a good deal farther away, and, I'm going to need a LOT more fireflies to map the route to my base for those late night arrivals).

I can understand random spawns for these guys, but once killed, they shouldn't keep reappearing in the same place, and the spawns shouldn't stack up like that. These guys are so close to my base that I had to pull in the outer wall, as every time I exited, they would carpet cocabomb the place and my wall was getting destroyed over and over. 

I have so many gears at this point that I don't know what to do with them.

Archived