Hounds manipulation

_Q_

So currently I'm able to manipulate hounds like never before.

If you are at sea and hear the hound fishes sound just go to land quickly, it will switch to normal hound attack, wait till all normal hounds spawn, jump on your boat and live happily ever after.

Maybe make hound fishes transform into normal hounds when you enter the land, and transform back to fishes when you enter the sea, so they can go after you no matter where you go.

Yeah noticed that too.

What makes matters worse is that so far i see no reason to fight Sea Hounds since they chew through boats far to quickly even in small packs. So instead i just fight the normal hounds instead since they are much easier to deal with since Landcombat is far more fluid and less akward then seabattles.

Also not sure if i'm just unlucky but do seahounds even drop Teeth? Because if not then that makes them even less desireable because teeth have a lot more uses then the fins from the Sea Hounds.

Although i'm not sure if them transforming would be a good way to fix that. Maybe instead they could vanish again but for that the next wave get's bigger and even spawns Sea Hounds alongside it so you can't escape them all.

Yeah noticed that too.

What makes matters worse is that so far i see no reason to fight Sea Hounds since they chew through boats far to quickly even in small packs. So instead i just fight the normal hounds instead since they are much easier to deal with since Landcombat is far more fluid and less akward then seabattles.

Also not sure if i'm just unlucky but do seahounds even drop Teeth? Because if not then that makes them even less desireable because teeth have a lot more uses then the fins from the Sea Hounds.

Although i'm not sure if them transforming would be a good way to fix that. Maybe instead they could vanish again but for that the next wave get's bigger and even spawns Sea Hounds alongside it so you can't escape them all.

well I thought i was a noob that didn't know how to fight in water, hehe

anyway I think the seahound should at least drop fish morsels, they are way harder to deal with, and as they are slower to kill (if you try to kite them) they can swarm around you pretty easily.

they should make and boat more fluid for combat, or nerf these seahound cause there is totally NO reason to fight them and just waiting hounds to apear on ground and jumping in a boat makes avoiding hounds way too easy.

anyway I think the seahound should at least drop fish morsels, they are way harder to deal with, and as they are slower to kill (if you try to kite them) they can swarm around you pretty easily.

they should make and boat more fluid for combat, or nerf these seahound cause there is totally NO reason to fight them and just waiting hounds to apear on ground and jumping in a boat makes avoiding hounds way too easy.

Well, i have the best answer to that problem then :

Make that when the hound wave comes, it checks for each "hound" that will spawn around you, if it's on land, it spawns a hound, if it's on water, it spawns a sea hound.

That way, if you're on a shore, it will spawn both hounds and sea hounds!

And against the sea hounds, they could add a trap net to drop on the sea like the tooth trap. It would be one use to trap a sea hound, and he would slowly die fighting against the net(to add more risk, he could have a chance to break the net)!

I would rather let the seahounds drop their fins to 100%. The craftable hat is awesome and somewhat a replacement to the missing (or extremely rare) walking cane.

You want to move fast --> go fight the seahounds

You want teeth --> normal hounds

However there is not much of a point to farm seahounds at the moment because they drop their fin too rare.

Yeah noticed that too.

I thought, everybody already noticed that.

They don't drop teeth; they drop shark fins. Shark fins has two uses,:

-A recipe with a shark fin and 3 filters, make a shark fin soup witch restores 40 Health and 12.5 Hunger at the cost of 10 Sanity.

-To make a sleek hat. If you want fast travel, then it is very useful.

There are some ways to fight them:

-Once all the sea hound spawn jump to the shore of an island start attacking the one closets to shore. It will attract all of them and you can kill them hit by hit; they don't attack until you do a hit.

-A harpoon has 10 uses and kill a shark in one hit. You can deal with 3-4 this way, no more, they may stunt you.

-You can tank them with a trident, this works for 8 sharks, You need an armored boat for that, you may end with the boat almost sinking, but with a high chance to spawn a dolphin.

I use the first one and sometimes the third. There are still more ways to fight them.

I thought, everybody already noticed that.

Well my reason for asking was because they are called Sea Hounds so i though they might drop the teeth to since those are called hounds tooth. And it wouldn't be to far of for a sharklike creature to drop teeth so i thought i was just extremly unlucky in every instance where i fought them (so far i got nothing but Monstermeat from them).

Archived