Krampus Sack

Has anyone obtained one By killing him and not console command?. I'm done with the backpack and prefer not to craft the piggyback and go straight for the Krampus sack.

I've kill too many butterflies and Parrots and can't think of anything else to kill that would net me Evil points. Well.....there's always piggies, But, Think abby gets the kills if I don't deal the final blow.

UPDATE: Nevermind he does. Praise killing Butterflies.

Has anyone obtained one By killing him and not console command?. I'm done with the backpack and prefer not to craft the piggyback and go straight for the Krampus sack.

I've kill too many butterflies and Parrots and can't think of anything else to kill that would net me Evil points. Well.....there's always piggies, But, Think abby gets the kills if I don't deal the final blow.

UPDATE: Nevermind he does. Praise killing Butterflies.

Killing betterflies is the best way, catch some and once you have a big camp of flowers you can start killing them. This way you can get 1-2 Krampus everyday. In one game (vanilla), i unlocked some basic recipes and i made a divining rod and walking cane. so.. in every world a jumped, I completed the teleportato in 10-15 days. This way i don't have to deal with big hounds waves so often. I think was jumping into another world before the second winter, so killed around of 30-50 per world. In next pic you can see my saved game (third slot).

post-348057-0-01349400-1450248447_thumb.

Over 400 krampuses and I still don't have my krampus sack, but Wendy (fifth slot) just after 10 Krampus got one.

i dont hear the hissing sound like in normal dont starve on shipwrecked. i killed many many butterflies but nothing at all.

Maybe you didn't kill them in a row. or you didn't killed enough butterflies. You have to kill them with a walking cane; i think if you use a net and then killed, it don't count, but i'm not sure. It has the same hissing sound. The only difference is that it is wearing a floral t-shirt.

I've found a pretty good way to not only get multiple Krampus to spawn every day, but to get a great source of food and fuel.

post-715531-0-64306100-1450288742_thumb.

This is a setup I made, it has made it easy to farm food lasting me many days that I can gather in half a minute, and is also capable of spawning between 2-6 Krampus' due to the naughty points gained from killing a prime ape, and with the amount of houses I have and the amount of time it takes for a monkey to respawn (less than a day) it is very easy to spawn Krampus' at a quick rate. The pen is made so that the large room holds the monkey dens and monkeys, and the small room is made for farming. It is mostly double barricaded because any loot that monkeys try to get outside of the pen that I don't pick up might cause a rare clip where a monkey will get out, but this only happens if I leave the area and then come back. I have never seen a monkey clip through sandbags myself but I have come back and seen one out of the pen with doubloons on him or something that I forgot to grab, so because of this I try to pick up any loot around the pen before I leave the area.

post-715531-0-73001500-1450291038_thumb.

Making a small side room (5x6 or less sandbags) and using the ocean to my advantage, I can manipulate the monkeys into the small room by baiting them with an item and seal them off from the bigger one. This small room is the key, as it is not large enough to let the monkeys get enough distance to fling poop, and makes it easy to beat them down. They end up getting caught in between the sandbags, along the walls, and frantically run around close to you making holding ctrl+F the only thing you have to do. While you're attacking monkeys that are closest to you, the others are too frightened to attack back or pick up and of the loot being dropped. In the end, the result is a pile of loot consisting of bananas, manure and morsels, as well as a round of Krampus that will attempt to steal your loot.

post-715531-0-98357900-1450291143_thumb.

Luckily, it is sealed by the sandbags, safe from the monkeys that respawn and the Krampus as well. Using the ocean to my advantage I hop over and kill the Krampus while they try to steal the loot, and after many seasons of doing this lady luck finally graced me with a Krampus Sack.

You can gather even more manure for fuel/fertilizer by repeating this method and before killing the monkeys feeding them any extra bananas you're not using. They will eat them and turn them into fertilizer and drop it upon death, which I use for fuel for ice flingos and fire pits.

The food gained from this is helpful because bananapops are great for sanity (to negate the loss from any monkeys that didn't want to go in the small room and decided to throw poop at you from the big room) and keeping you cool during the summer season, and of course eggs and bacon stays fresh for long which is a huge plus. With easy access to these foods, and a couple boat repair kits, the last day or two of summer where volcano rocks constantly fall on you and the days prior are easy to prepare for because of how long the food lasts and how much of it can be potentially obtained. The food can be farmed a few days in advance, eggs and bacon can be prepared immediately and stored for when the rumbles begin around day 70, and bananapops can be made right before you leave because of how fast the crockpot prepares them. I spend the last crazy days out at deep sea trawling and munching on delicious food, since right now falling rocks cant directly hurt you on your ship and only the waves are an issue (edit:a recent update has made it so rocks directly impacting ships causes damage).

Otherwise, besides the huge amount of good food and fuel, this method is super reliable for Krampus spawning and could probably be improved in a number of ways.

If you're not interested in anything too complicated, you can save the game before gaining that final naughty point, kill a butterfly or bird in your inventory, and kill the Krampus that spawns. If he doesn't drop a sack, force close the game without saving and try again. Luckily, I didn't need to use that exploit, because I managed to get one as Maxwell on the first kill. :)

If you're not interested in anything too complicated, you can save the game before gaining that final naughty point, kill a butterfly or bird in your inventory, and kill the Krampus that spawns. If he doesn't drop a sack, force close the game without saving and try again. Luckily, I didn't need to use that exploit, because I managed to get one as Maxwell on the first kill. :-)

If you're going to go to that level of save scumming, what's to stop you from simply typing ~ c_spawn("krampus_sack",1)?

Archived