Do Bees still plant Evil Flowers?

I found a Totally Normal Tree with 7 evil flowers growing around it, and wanting to farm them for nightmare fuel, I planted two bee boxes in the middle of the Evil Flowers (since I had read on the wiki that the bees would pollinate and create more evil flowers). I then spent the entire summer hanging out, chopping down trees, etc. in the area around the bee boxes, but the bees have yet to produce any more evil flowers. They go out, pollinate the flowers, rest on the ground, and return to the boxes to add honey, but no more evil flowers ever appear. I removed all of the normal flowers from the area, so they aren't planting any of those.

Has anyone else encountered this problem in Don't Starve Together? Or has evil flower farming not been added to DST yet?

I found a Totally Normal Tree with 7 evil flowers growing around it, and wanting to farm them for nightmare fuel, I planted two bee boxes in the middle of the Evil Flowers (since I had read on the wiki that the bees would pollinate and create more evil flowers). I then spent the entire summer hanging out, chopping down trees, etc. in the area around the bee boxes, but the bees have yet to produce any more evil flowers. They go out, pollinate the flowers, rest on the ground, and return to the boxes to add honey, but no more evil flowers ever appear. I removed all of the normal flowers from the area, so they aren't planting any of those.

Has anyone else encountered this problem in Don't Starve Together? Or has evil flower farming not been added to DST yet?

Only homeless bees make new flowers. You need to capture some bees and break the hive, or find some in tumbleweeds, I don't know.  You just need to get some hobo bees from somewhere and put them by the evil flowers.

Only homeless bees make new flowers. You need to capture some bees and break the hive, or find some in tumbleweeds, I don't know. You just need to get some hobo bees from somewhere and put them by the evil flowers.

Thanks, I'll try that next time I get on. I had thought boxed bees could also plant flowers because they seemed to do so with normal flowers back at my main base. I never actually saw the bees plant one, just noticed that the flower patch seemed to be growing once I put a bee box nearby. Maybe it was something else. Do flowers naturally reproduce during spring or something?

Flowers spawn just off screen when it rains in spring. Your bee boxes are usually somewhat near your base, so coincidentally one tends to get more and more flowers near them, but it's not actually the bees creating more flowers.

Flowers spawn just off screen when it rains in spring. Your bee boxes are usually somewhat near your base, so coincidentally one tends to get more and more flowers near them, but it's not actually the bees creating more flowers.

No, homeless bees still create flowers. We're talking about evil flowers here anyway, not normal ones. :p

No, homeless bees still create flowers. We're talking about evil flowers here anyway, not normal ones. :razz:

Sorry, I was addressing the poster's second question. That'll teach me to quote next time :)

To clarify, non-homeless bees (regular bees) in your bee boxes do not spawn flowers of any kind.

Forget all this and try this

1: prepare two booster shots,

2: make lots of nets and capture as much butterfly as possible and plant them near the rickty-portal,

3: die by some means (spiders, t-guards, bees etc)

4: turn into ghost and haunt all the flowers until they turn evil

5: come back to life, take booster shots, collect nightmare

6: forget all this again and go insane and kill nightmares

Forget all this and try this 1: prepare two booster shots, 2: make lots of nets and capture as much butterfly as possible and plant them near the rickty-portal, 3: die by some means (spiders, t-guards, bees etc) 4: turn into ghost and haunt all the flowers until they turn evil 5: come back to life, take booster shots, collect nightmare 6: forget all this again and go insane and kill nightmares
Maybe people who don't know about movement prediction will use this strat. xD 

Archived