i cant see movies

nitram

Hello,

I can´t see movies when Iam playing - I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, Dirext X 11.0, Win 7 Professional 64-bit, E5300 2,60 GHz, 4 GB Ram - everything is going well, but after loading I don´t see movies and when I beat some hero I don´t see final scene... Where is mistake please, thanks a lot:)

M

Hello,

I can´t see movies when Iam playing - I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, Dirext X 11.0, Win 7 Professional 64-bit, E5300 2,60 GHz, 4 GB Ram - everything is going well, but after loading I don´t see movies and when I beat some hero I don´t see final scene... Where is mistake please, thanks a lot:)

M

and I have updated drivers for my graphics card

If you go into the data/movies folder, can you play them manually from there? They are simple ogv files, perhaps something is wrong with the files or you somehow lack the ability to play ogv files.

No, there are not ogv files, but bik files - when I tried to play with VLC - "there is not plugin for playing undfn files". I have shank 2 from humble bundle and its extract from zip files, so where is mistake? Thanks for your time.

Okay, on Linux they are .ogv files. bik files are often used for game intros, you can try playing them with the BINK video player http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm. I believe it is included in the rad video tools.

Thanks, I have found some codecs for WMPlayer and I can play it, but not in game - when Iam playing I see only black monitor without movies. But playing wiht WMP its ok:))

That's rather strange then... Apparently there is nothing wrong with the files, in which case the game should be able to play them as well... Perhaps one of the devs can shed some light on this issue.

• Developer

Hmm...I don't know why you would be experiencing this issue...

Are you hearing the audio from the movies with a black screen, or does it seem like the videos are just being skipped?

This will be hard figure out because of all the different ways how system plays these videos.

I for example have bug that when I play survival mode and the bomber dude appears, game plays this video with bomber guy sneaking in. The screen turns black while the video plays and I am being beaten in the background while it plays it. The thing is that it should be transparent, with only that bomber guy, but my system doesnt make it so. Workaround was to rm these bomber videos and also when boss appears.

What you can do for sure is to play around with all kind of codecs and players, not sure how it should be done. I am running gentoo linux with mplayer2 and libav. That did it pretty well.

Br,

-mkz

This will be hard figure out because of all the different ways how system plays these videos.

I for example have bug that when I play survival mode and the bomber dude appears, game plays this video with bomber guy sneaking in. The screen turns black while the video plays and I am being beaten in the background while it plays it. The thing is that it should be transparent, with only that bomber guy, but my system doesnt make it so. Workaround was to rm these bomber videos and also when boss appears.

What you can do for sure is to play around with all kind of codecs and players, not sure how it should be done. I am running gentoo linux with mplayer2 and libav. That did it pretty well.

Br,

-mkz

You are not alone with this bug, and though removing the video files does solve it. It also takes away the bomber warning, which is rather annoying. Have a look at this thread and maybe post your system specs there like the others did: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?6140-Shank-2-on-Linux-Survival-Mode-graphics-bug

Hmm...I don't know why you would be experiencing this issue...

Are you hearing the audio from the movies with a black screen, or does it seem like the videos are just being skipped?

Iam hearing the audio from the movies with a black screen

• Developer

For the Bomber videos, that is a result of transparencies and alpha settings not being supported by the new video format (Theora) used for Mac and Linux.

That is actually another issue we are working on, and it should be fixed in the next update.