Loot item- eyeshot

For those who don't know, Eyeshot is an item dropped by Flup, the froggy-thing that hides in the mud in Swamp biome. It occasionally drops this eyeshot, which is similar to blowdart, but I wonder what the damage and effect are. Share your thoughts!

According to the data files, it acts like an ordinary Blow Dart, but 20 damage instead of the usual 100. This is enough to stun birds, which have 25 Health. I actually prefer using them for this purpose because unlike a Blow Dart, which costs a valuable Hound's Tooth to craft, the Eyeshot allows me to cook a bird directly for a guaranteed Cooked Morsel whereas killing them drops a feather half the time.

Can you kill Flups efficiently though? I've encountered just a few so far but I couldn't figure out how to fight them without being hit constantly. They're pretty easy to kill but a couple of them wrecked my suit and got me to half health.

@TMJJack,@ItsPizzaTime, Actualy, they do respawn; they have an invisible spawner in the swamp, which caps out at a maximum density of 5 flups within 40 range (10 tiles) of the spawner.

That being said... the stats of an eyeshot are pretty bad, so I don't think it's anything worth farming. Flups sure are cute, though :D

Strange I assumed they never respawned because I've been through a full year since I slew the ones near my camp and they have yet to return.

@ItsPizzaTime, Taking a closer look, it appears the spawners also come in "dense" (10 flups within 40) and "sparse" (2 flups within 40) versions. It's possible that world gen just couldn't find a place to fit in the spawner (although it's invisible, it still takes up a sort of space in terms of the way that world gen works).

However, it also looks like it has a bit of a weird spawn condition, that the point be surrounded by water, as in spawn on a tile where every adjacent tile is water. I don't think that's ever satisfied, unless flooding counts?

I wonder if they meant to write IsSurroundedByLand there instead...

@TMJJack,@ItsPizzaTime,  Actualy, they do respawn; they have an invisible spawner in the swamp, which caps out at a maximum density of 5 flups within 40 range (10 tiles) of the spawner.

That being said... the stats of an eyeshot are pretty bad, so I don't think it's anything worth farming. Flups sure are cute, though :grin:

The stats are indeed quiet bad, but if you can actually stun birds with them to get guaranteed morsel or just to agro stuff that normaly runs away they are ok I guess. If your base is near a swamp and they fight spiders or snakes, those eye shots are worth picking up. ....farming maybe not ^^

Archived