Too many treeguards

Weird. I'm currently on day 47. Have not seen any treeguard at all! I was wondering already if Treeguards were implemented yet.

Only for palm trees.

Also, there's something weird about them. Check DarkXero's posts. They aren't tagged as "treeguard" in the game's code so they can't be pacified. Best you can do is let a mob engage them to remove aggro from you. (Or burn them.)

They die fairly quickly.  I got 3 palm treeguards spawn at once under day 20, and had no problem taking 2 down by kiting them apart then spearing them.  It took me down to about half health, then I ran teh other off and collected foods to raise my health a bit, then ran back and took down the 3rd with my spear.  I only had wood armor.  

I had 3 treeguards spawn all at once on day 15.  That's basically impossible. One, maybe two, is fightable, but three? There's no way to time all the kiting correctly, cause their attack cooldowns don't overlap!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59725-bug-jungle-tree-guards/?p=692418

Three spawning at once is intentional, the melee range is a bug.

Archived