Hard to Get Pig King!

Hello there starvers and team klei,

So finally we got Caves & Ruins and i finally decided to start a Mega Base Project with my fellow viewers. But we run into some complication, it took 7 world gens to get the Pig King.

Is this intended ? Is the Pig King supose to be a set hard to get now ?!

Also with the map on Huge we manage to not get a Rocky Biome. Are you guys planning to tweak the world gen ?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Glhrmzz

Hey, so...

Did you set any other resources to "More"? If so, did you balance it out by making other things "Less"?

(from my experience...)

Setting (most) resources (grass, twigs, reeds, rocks, etc) to more will take up more space intended for other resources...

IDK, this issue's been around for a long time... I forgot what the other smarter (more LUA savvy) people  said...

O__O

*flies away*

Pig King is supposed to spawn in every map.. It is about world generation...

i am sure your rocky biome problem is also related to world gen.

I've had plenty of world without one in both DST and RoG. I'm fairly certain the Pig King has never been guaranteed in any world.

The question is only: is this supposed to be the case or is due to conflicting world generation? I assume it's the latter, tbh. You can often see in the server log during generation in DST, that it fails to find space for "Meet the Pig King" or something along those lines.

My understanding is that each world is intended to have a Pig King.  However the current map generation sometimes fails to be able to place the PK.  The result is that many, hopefully most, worlds get a PK;  in my practical experience most worlds don't get a PK at the moment but it's varied over time quite a bit.

Note that the same thing supposedly applies to the generation of the Ancient Guardian in DST.  The ruins are always somewhere in the caves, but occasionally (no idea how often) the AG fails to spawn the same way the PK can fail to spawn.

I believe Klei has said they would like to fix this.  I vaguely recall that it was proving a difficult problem.

I've had plenty of world without one in both DST and RoG. I'm fairly certain the Pig King has never been guaranteed in any world.

The question is only: is this supposed to be the case or is due to conflicting world generation? I assume it's the latter, tbh. You can often see in the server log during generation in DST, that it fails to find space for "Meet the Pig King" or something along those lines.

Sometimes pig village close to glommer statue is too small. Mostly world gen fails to spawn a pigking if its the case.. But normally pig king does not spawn according to a chance or somethnig. In my servers if there is no pig king, i spawn one into the spot where he is supposed to spawn because if there is no pig king grave digging mostly has no meaning and they spawn lotta junk that you can never trade.

Indeed, sometimes the pig king doesn't spawn in the world, I see often the problem on my server survival, and i need to spawn him manually, c_spawn("pigking")

I also think there is a problem when world is generate, but this is not the case all the time, this must be a little bug

Hey, so...

Did you set any other resources to "More"? If so, did you balance it out by making other things "Less"?

(from my experience...)

Setting (most) resources (grass, twigs, reeds, rocks, etc) to more will take up more space intended for other resources...

IDK, this issue's been around for a long time... I forgot what the other smarter (more LUA savvy) people  said...

O__O

*flies away*

This happens without changing any settings and after changing just the map size with everything else on default.

Archived