World Resiting Questions

Hello guys,

So yesterday i had someone joining the server, middle of summer and died in the up world while everyone else on the caves. The Time started and one person went up and still the time kept droping down.

Do you need more then on people to go up to avoid world reseting ?

How does this work ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

You have to resurrect the player to stop the timer. You can also try to rollback the server but im not sure if this would actually works since I've never tried it. Also Klei has said that they are working on making it so that the server won't regenerate until everyone on both overworld and caves are dead, so we just gotta wait for that.

I experienced this too, I died and the other people of the server were leaving and coming back in cause they were trading Vanity Items through steam. Here's my report on it. Smallishbird is right, you must be revived by a player for the server reset timer to stop. The other people on the server that went in and out sometimes took too long to come back that I stayed a ghost for much longer than I hoped for.

I was able to perpetually keep the server from completely resetting by going in and out of the caves. Of course, going into the caves as a ghost would start the timer for it too but I did this a few times until a new player joined that was able to revive me. Keep note that this method was done a while back, but I don't think it's been fixed yet since the method I used hinges on having two separately unique server reset timers. Eventually down the line of the development, all network-shard server will have a single reset timer. Until then, take this as a temporary method to extend the reset timer. Cheers.

• Developer

Hey guys, world reset behaviour for Survival mode has been addressed in today's update, and should count all players and ghosts no matter if they're in the overworld or caves.  Countdown and reset is now triggered for both the overworld and caves at the same time, as if it was one single server.

Hey guys, world reset behaviour for Survival mode has been addressed in today's update, and should count all players and ghosts no matter if they're in the overworld or caves.  Countdown and reset is now triggered for both the overworld and caves at the same time, as if it was one single server.

Thanks for that. One more question, Can you give my Peepz their World Back ? :wilson_evil:

Archived