Can't generate caves world

At the moment caves are available only through a dedicated server, there is no Caves preset for normal hosting. This will change though sometimes in the future.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/#entry673404

So the part where they give instructions to host a normal caves only world is still not in effect? I'm unsure why they throw that up there as an option if it isn't an option. 

"

• Start the game and go to Host World like usual. On the World tab, set the preset to The Caves. Generate the world, and enjoy!"

It was something working at the start of the cave bêta, but they removed it because cave only preset wasn't playable in the current state of the beta. (Like, no flint in the start so you can't craft tool, etc, lack of some resources, etc.)

I don't know if they plan to make it accessible again, but it would need a lot of adjustement and maybe new and specific way to obtain some items.

• Developer

Yeah, we removed the setting but I didn't realize I hadn't edited that post. (It has been edited.) Really sorry about all the confusion this was causing. :(

As was mentioned, the caves are just not a good single-level experience right now, so we're not making it available as a normal way to play (though you are more than welcome to try it using DarkXero's method and check out what's changed and stuff!).

Yeah, we removed the setting but I didn't realize I hadn't edited that post. (It has been edited.) Really sorry about all the confusion this was causing. :(

As was mentioned, the caves are just not a good single-level experience right now, so we're not making it available as a normal way to play (though you are more than welcome to try it using DarkXero's method and check out what's changed and stuff!).

No problem! Thanks for replying. You have no idea how excited I am to play this update. Thanks for all you guys do!  

Archived