[Help] I'm stumped on this one line..

I just can't figure this out...

The following line will always point to host's cursor (from what I've tested), but should point to the player's cursor.

local TeleportSelf = function(inst)local pt = GLOBAL.TheInput:GetWorldPosition() -- << this line...

This line is inside a function for a Teleport spell, inside the modmain file for a character mod.

I'm fairly certain this line is the culprit, because 'inst' is fine, but 'pt' is alway's the host's.

Please, if you have any idea how to fix it, please tell me. Huge thanks in advance.

@iSkilz, if the server/host is running the code, then TheInput refers to the server/host.

If you have your own custom action which is triggered by clicking on the screen, then the info you want will be in the act.pos of the action, and you should call TeleportSelf from there and pass the position.

@DarkXero

I could not figure it out via your suggestion..

Ok, I'm ready for a solution.

Here are all the pieces of the puzzle..

modmain::

...local TeleportSelf = function(inst)	local pt = GLOBAL.TheInput:GetWorldPosition() -- <<	...endAddModRPCHandler("homura", "teleportself", TeleportSelf)

homura::

...local common_postinit = function(inst)	...	if not inst.components.keyhandler then inst:AddComponent("keyhandler") end	inst.components.keyhandler:AddActionListener("homura", 116, "teleportself") -- [T]end...

What the code currently does:

- player presses T, and teleport's to host's mouse cursor.

What the code should do:

- player presses T, and teleport's to own mouse cursor.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. And huge thanks to anyone who can actually solve this problem. I really couldn't do it without you...

You should send X and Y of client's cursor to host via RPC.

I'm still not sure how to do this, but PeterA says that it is possible by sending number variables through RPC.

P.S. I had only few variants in my mod so I made a few RPC functions without numbers.

P.P.S. I belive that there exists a better way to do what you want. :)

Edited by Maris

@Maris, if you look at the function SendModRPCToServer you will notice the '...' as the last parameter. That parameter means that an unidentified number of additional parameters are being sent to the function.

function SendModRPCToServer(id_table, ...)    assert(id_table.namespace ~= nil and MOD_RPC_HANDLERS[id_table.namespace] ~= nil and MOD_RPC_HANDLERS[id_table.namespace][id_table.id] ~= nil)    TheNet:SendModRPCToServer(id_table.namespace, id_table.id, ...)end

This gets transferred to the server and then pushed in the 'data' field of HandleModRPC.

function HandleModRPC(sender, tick, namespace, code, data)	if MOD_RPC_HANDLERS[namespace] ~= nil then		local fn = MOD_RPC_HANDLERS[namespace][code]		if fn ~= nil then			table.insert(RPC_Queue, { fn, sender, data, tick })		else			print("Invalid RPC code: ", namespace, code)		end	else		print("Invalid RPC namespace: ", namespace, code)	endend

The data variable will be an unsorted list of values that you sent along with the request from the client.

Example code:

AddModRPCHandler("example", "example", function(inst, ...)    local additional_arguments = {...}    for k, v in pairs(additional_arguments) do        print("Key: ",k, " Value: ", v)    endend)SendModRPCToServer(GetModRPCHandler("example", "example"), "this", "is", "this", "additional", "argument", "list", "sent")

Regards,

Kzisor/Ysovuka