Need some help with Prefabs and character perks

MF99K

I really can't speak computer, I've never programmed before at all so I'm kinda lost. I think I've gotten two of my character perks to work but I need help with the last one

I want it so that the character can befriend anything, even hounds and such.

I'd also like to make a mod that involves a hat that has storage capabilities if that's possible as well

thanks in advance for any and all help

Befriend how? There's a mod called "The Heir" that does this, but maybe not in the fashion you imagined.

As for the hatpack, it sounds a lot like a backpack for coding, though you probably have to move the widget (the inventory interface) a bit.

Befriend how? There's a mod called "The Heir" that does this, but maybe not in the fashion you imagined.

As for the hatpack, it sounds a lot like a backpack for coding, though you probably have to move the widget (the inventory interface) a bit.

alright, so how would coding for the backpack hat-thing work then?

You should be able to mostly just copy the code used for the backpack. However make sure that you change anything that references the backpack to reference the hat, and anything that references the torso slot to reference the head slot. You will also need to find and edit the values that determine the position of the widget (The graphical interface that holds the backpack's slots). You may also want to figure out a way to use the chest's widget instead, depending on how much storage you want the hat to have.

You should be able to mostly just copy the code used for the backpack. However make sure that you change anything that references the backpack to reference the hat, and anything that references the torso slot to reference the head slot. You will also need to find and edit the values that determine the position of the widget (The graphical interface that holds the backpack's slots). You may also want to figure out a way to use the chest's widget instead, depending on how much storage you want the hat to have.

could you give me an example as to what the coding would look like?

could you give me an example as to what the coding would look like?

Take a look through the game files, it's the best way to learn!

Find the backpack.lua file in the prefabs folder, and the hat prefab as well. Study them to see how they work and try implementing the same thing into your mod with slightly edited code to see what happens.

You can look at other people's mods too, it's not cheating!

Do you know where to find the game's files?

Archived