Wagstaff & Son (Also TtA speculation)

Webber's father is shown to be an inventor, an alchemist, something like that. He supposedly wears a top hat.

The divining rod and Wilson's room have the radio in or on. Wagstaff made that radio, the PR-76, and it is assumed all these characters got one from a very limited run. Of course Wagstaff would have one in his house, who's to say Webber didn't get a hold of it?

Wagstaff appears as Maxwell's earth counterpart, almost. He makes the radios and gets the characters to get hold of them, they are made with materials from the DS world most likely, and Webber is inside of a DS spider, not an Earth spider. Wagstaff is an inventor who worked in a factory until it burned down, maybe Willow did this? - her quotes for Maxwell might back this up but I haven't checked and probably won't don't judge me. Since Wagstaff is prone to using DS materials, isn't it possible the spider arrived in those almost, shipments? Maybe he deliberately did it to Webber, who became a circus freak (Referenced by his skins - I'll actually get to that in a second). The circus in the William Carter is shown to have a strongman (check), and a mime (check). Where DS is based in the 1940s or 20s, Circus Freak Shows would have been a thing, and Webber would certainly have been entered. Who doesn't love spiderboy? Now, I move on. My mind went blank. Crap. Skins anyway, Through The Ages might be about the lives of these people, through the ages ;) the skins could be references to their lives even, Webber's circus elephant references when he was a freak, Wickerbottom's younger skin shows she wasn't always this bad. Wilson's skins, Willow's orphan skin, Wendy's damn Girl Scout ones! They all mean something towards the character. (Why am I even writing this Joe will just come along like "nope rekt".), anyway, it is said on the Polish Wiki there were stickers of the 9 unimplemented characters (Come on, recite them with me, Wilton, Wortox, Winnie, Waverly, Wallace, Wilbur, Woodrow, Wyro) and a tenth. The tenth was originally speculated to be Charlie, but who says it isn't actually young Wagstaff. Charlie was just a helper in their game, Maxwell ran the circus, and Wagstaff was basically his right hand man. Wagstaff meets all the checkboxes of Webber's father, and also, the Voxola PR-76, is two letters, and two numbers. It is most likely safe to assume WX-78 is a bot made between Maxwell and Wagstaff, animated with a little DS touch. TtA may bring the skins, and Wagstaff, possibly Charlie as well. (MAXWELL POSSE UNITE) and a lot about their lives, it could explain Lucy, or anything. I don't believe there is even a single contradiction in this list, hell, maybe I even missed some evidence. Willow's burnt skin could be a thing about the state she was in when she got her radio at the burning factory. Webber was in the circus, so Wagstaff might have had something to do with it, like radios inside the show, or given out. Shipwrecked and TtA will give more to work with. I hope you enjoyed this horrible, horrible wall of text and didn't scream and beat your computer to the brink of explosion.

Yours Sincerely,

- Fake Wagstaff.

the Voxola PR-76, is two letters, and two numbers. It is most likely safe to assume WX-78 is a bot made between Maxwell and Wagstaff, animated with a little DS touch.

Willow's burnt skin could be a thing about the state she was in when she got her radio at the burning factory.

Humor me humor you...

Willow, after <insert backstory> finds her way to the radio factory and sees Maxwell and Wagstaff examining something in a long table...

WX-78! Knowing <insert Willow's backstory here>, she decides to burn the factory and hopefully stop WX-78 from being complete... as a murder machine... the two figures flee, she tries to as well, but her foot gets caught under a crate/entrances are blocked... just then, the room went dark and from the shadows, 2 hands entangle the automaton slowly pulling it into the shadows... to burn down along with this building or to be taken away to the unknown... she plunges into the murky, swirling shadows...

O__O

I'll just shut up and sit on the corner now <__<

Humor me humor you...

Willow, after <insert backstory> finds her way to the radio factory and sees Maxwell and Wagstaff examining something in a long table...

WX-78! Knowing <insert Willow's backstory here>, she decides to burn the factory and hopefully stop WX-78 from being complete... as a murder machine... the two figures flee, she tries to as well, but her foot gets caught under a crate/entrances are blocked... just then, the room went dark and from the shadows, 2 hands entangle the automaton slowly pulling it into the shadows... to burn down along with this building or to be taken away to the unknown... she plunges into the murky, swirling shadows...

O__O

I'll just shut up and sit on the corner now <__<

is gud.

I do not usually post here, however I had a remarkable thought.

When examining a campfire, WX-78 claims "IT REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING". As you state, PR-76 (the model of the Voxola radio) consists of two letters and two numbers, implying Wagstaff may have been involved in the creation of WX-78. Of course, the factory Wagstaff operated in was burned down, possibly of Willow's own doing. Perhaps WX-78 retains vague memories of this event, explaining his examination quote?

WX-78 also states he knows the science machine and the metal potato thing perhaps wagstaff invented those as well? 

WX-78 seems to believe the Science Machine is its mother ("MOTHER?") and expresses how the Metal Potato Thing reminds it of her ("REMINDS ME OF MY MOTHER").

WX-78 also acknowledges other contraptions as its siblings and friends ("WELCOME, BROTHER" to the Rainometer, "GREETINGS, SISTER" to the Electrical Doodad, "BROTHER! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?" to the duplicate of itself on the Nightmare Throne, "HIS NAME IS HAL. HE IS MY FRIEND." to the Lying Robot, etc).

Given my previous observation, it is very possible that Wagstaff originally invented the Science Machine (the 'mother/parent') and by extension the other science-associated structures (the 'children/siblings'), including WX-78 itself. As you state, Maxwell could be a counterpart to Wagstaff or merely an associate, explaining why he is able to 'enlighten' the survivors in the Don't Starve world with the knowledge required to craft their inventions.

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoy the lore and puzzles connected to the Don't Starve world, they were my initial motivation to purchase the game.

Archived