What if a creature designer gets inspired by the style?

I don't like minecraft, cubeworld, terraria, etc; because of how empty the world is.It's like skyrim. It might as well be 1000 miles wide but content enough to fill a little bucket.Don't Starve get's away a bit with that, by creating a world reminiscent of tim burton's and other surreal artists/creators/makers with "emptiness as *something*" Still, i want thing that makes it believable, random shadows from birds (and bigger flying freaks), little bugs (bee's are a nice start, but things doesn't always have to have a role in the gameplay other than filling the empty. Random screenshakes with scary sounds. faces in the trees that go away after a second, flowers that hide from you. You do not wan't players to acknowledge the emptiness, you want to keep em busy. [MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION]

• Like 1

I don't like minecraft, cubeworld, terraria, etc; because of how empty the world is.It's like skyrim. It might as well be 1000 miles wide but content enough to fill a little bucket.Don't Starve get's away a bit with that, by creating a world reminiscent of tim burton's and other surreal artists/creators/makers with "emptiness as *something*" Still, i want thing that makes it believable, random shadows from birds (and bigger flying freaks), little bugs (bee's are a nice start, but things doesn't always have to have a role in the gameplay other than filling the empty. Random screenshakes with scary sounds. faces in the trees that go away after a second, flowers that hide from you. You do not wan't players to acknowledge the emptiness, you want to keep em busy. [MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION]

I have to say, this post is amazing. I agree completely, games shouldn't be purely story and running around an empty world. They should be more about the little things, the atmosphere, the bits and pieces that don't necessarily do something, but capture the players attention, things that make the player feel more like the world is alive. I am going to college for computer science and I am going to be working on a game in my free time that, in my mind, will be filled with not only things to do but things to think on, notice, and make the player explore not just for loot and treasure but a visual and emotionally captivating experience. Many people talk about making a game believable, and I think that's where it starts. Also, nice art, I like all the little details