Flames!

Scene:

Here I am day 79 adventuring off looking for more tallbird eggs and rocks to mine. I walk 3 islands to get to the rocks and i hear hounds. I have never had a problem with hounds but i have never stood in one position while a fire hound comes to attack me. I kill the fire hound kill the other 3 normal hounds and i see the fire. I was standing near the fire even though it was at the bottom of my screen telling me I was on fire than i die. I think fire should make your screen red like you are getting hit by a spider without a log suit or something because my 79 day game is gone because i didnt realize i was on fire. I was trying to grow another beard to make a effigie but i ran into the fire hound and died. I didnt even realize i was on fire. Make fire more noticable when you are lit on fire.

I agree. While I never died to it (just out of chance, really), it took several times to even realize that fire on the bottom of the screen meant I was taking damage from it. I thought it just mean something like "Whoops, you caused a forest fire, you big dummy!", lol. It definitely needs to have a "taking damage" sound. Maybe even the red flashing too.