Telelocator Staff and Non-PvP Servers

Hi,

I just want to say that, some people do use telelocator staff in winter or summer, on inexperienced people to kill them. This is kind of against the philosophy of the term "non-PvP". I know you can use that staff to teleport your friend to a known location that has telelocator focus and gems ready but its a late game activity also you can give the staff to your friend to make him teleport himself too. Besides the lighting sets the base on fire so lets say if there is a new base in day 95, a griefer may come and use the staff on the owner of that base, while he is standing near to his science machine or alchemy engine, while it teleports the guy away to an unknown location say in winter, it also sets his alchemy engine on fire which is an ultimate griefing activity. Alright torches can be a nice griefing item too and you can burn the base easier with this but what about killing people on purpose with this staff?

I have no idea if this option (teleporting other players (not mobs!!) in non-pvp servers) should be removed or not what do you guys think about that? Because it happens in my server and this is really frustrating... A guy was constantly doing this in winter and summer on new players to make them die.

Even for a group game, i dont see that the ability to teleport other players will help the group that much. For PvP servers it seems like a very good item though.

yeah thats for sure but, no matter how hard to get this staff, eventually can be used to kill people in non pvp servers. It reminds me of the time when weather pain can be used on players to kill in non-pvp servers and weather pain is not too easy to make too (surely much more easier than making a telelocator staff)

The Telelocator Staff is pretty much the most endgame item in DST right now along with the Weather Pain. Both are ideal anti-grief weapons, but also that means they are good griefing weapons.

Frankly I think if someone's going to go to all the trouble to create these weapons and use them to grief, let them. The difficulty obtaining these items compared to the things they can do (and number of uses) are fairly well balanced.

Plus telelocating people at spawn during summer/winter might just work out in their favour depending on where they teleport to.

Currently, the weather pain is not fixed. On second note, I want the ability to teleport other players to stay. I got stuck outside of a map once (freaking meat bulb) and had to get the host to spawn a staff and get me out.

yeah but it is a bug.. That bug must be fixed separately too.. Also if there is an admin in your server he can teleport you with a console command

Archived