DST character changes - make a toggle option

I'd love to see a toggle for the DST characters who have been nerves/adjusted for pvp etc - for games without pvp with friends, I'd much rather play vanilla woodie ow willow... Willow's nerves or the were beaver are far too much fun in regular, and they don't have the same impact in DST.

I understand not having a toggle for non-coop game, but the regular chars would be tons of fun in DST with friends.

I think Willow just needs her fire immunity back and Woodie needs buffs cause the only thing is good about him is that he can chop trees faster and gain sanity from pine cones and his werebeaver form isn't even good cause it's going in with little defense and spear damage(I think?) and you lose a lot of sanity for being in the werebeaver form so really you could just pick someone way better than Woodie than anything...Also he has a uncut-able beard so yeah that's bad for summer.

I think Willow just needs her fire immunity back and Woodie needs buffs cause the only thing is good about him is that he can chop trees faster and gain sanity from pine cones and his werebeaver form isn't even good cause it's going in with little defense and spear damage(I think?) and you lose a lot of sanity for being in the werebeaver form so really you could just pick someone way better than Woodie than anything...Also he has a uncut-able beard so yeah that's bad for summer.

Willow having fire immunity; agreed. Buffing Woody? Not so much. He's got features that could be considered "small buffs", but the amount of nice features he has, makes him a decent character. When it comes to wood, you need a lot of it, be it early, mid or late game and chopping down trees take a long time, whilst not giving you enough wood for everything there needs to be built, for fuel and for reserves, where as with woody, this is not a problem as he can chop down a tree almost x4 as faster than normal characters would. And as a werebeever, the usage of shovel to dig up stumps becomes much less necessary. But that's not all, as he also has a permanent beard, which surprisingly helps you out a lot if say you start off in winter in comparison to other characters (I've tried using Woody myself and there's a big difference between playing as him when starting in Winter and other characters) and playing as him you can get his sanity back up much easier than with any other character.

Willow having fire immunity; agreed. Buffing Woody? Not so much. He's got features that could be considered "small buffs", but the amount of nice features he has, makes him a decent character. When it comes to wood, you need a lot of it, be it early, mid or late game and chopping down trees take a long time, whilst not giving you enough wood for everything there needs to be built, for fuel and for reserves, where as with woody, this is not a problem as he can chop down a tree almost x4 as faster than normal characters would. And as a werebeever, the usage of shovel to dig up stumps becomes much less necessary. But that's not all, as he also has a permanent beard, which surprisingly helps you out a lot if say you start off in winter in comparison to other characters (I've tried using Woody myself and there's a big difference between playing as him when starting in Winter and other characters) and playing as him you can get his sanity back up much easier than with any other character.

If woodie's only downside was that he had a beard he couldn't remove, that would be one thing. But werebeaver form is garbage and saving shovels on stumps is not a sufficient argument.

I would rank woodie roughly on par with wendy and only slightly better than wes. Wood is not a resource you need a ton of, and his downsides with full moons and wereform in general means he's worse than wilson in a significant way.

I really hav no idea what you're talking about, people. Woody seems fine to me. His buffs and nerfs seem to balance out for me, nothing too nerfed. If there's a character that needs buffing, it's Wes, because in DST only some newbie will take him on an occasion. His balloons are not good enough a buff (balloons were actually nerfed) and he doesn't have anything else for him. I was kinda hoping the whirly fan would be a special craftable for him, but kind of unfortunately, that wasn't the case, otherwise it would be a smart choice to take Woody when starting off in winter and wes when starting off in summer as whirly fan can actually keep you cool if you run with it from tree to tree, even during heat waves!

I really hav no idea what you're talking about, people. Woody seems fine to me. His buffs and nerfs seem to balance out for me, nothing too nerfed. If there's a character that needs buffing, it's Wes, because in DST only some newbie will take him on an occasion. His balloons are not good enough a buff (balloons were actually nerfed) and he doesn't have anything else for him. I was kinda hoping the whirly fan would be a special craftable for him, but kind of unfortunately, that wasn't the case, otherwise it would be a smart choice to take Woody when starting off in winter and wes when starting off in summer as whirly fan can actually keep you cool if you run with it from tree to tree, even during heat waves!

I honestly don't wish to be mean, but I remembered you from a year ago when I was active on the forums. You thought that the multiplayer damage nerfs that were in place at the time made the game impossible, which was nonsense.

Wes obviously does not need a buff because he is meant to be a challenge character, and if you were going to buff him, giving him a exclusive access to the flower spinner is not going to make any difference, because the flower spinner is not essential to surviving anything.

If you'd like to make an argument for why woodie is in a good place, or make another argument for why wes needs a buff that isn't rooted in user error, I'm all ears.

I think woodie is fine. all around BALANCED charater. The main reason I say this in caps is because not alot of other characters are balanced. They have one huge advantage and one huge disadvantage or something that makes them completely out there and needs to be played right. Whilst woodie has the chopping down trees wich is nice. The Werebeaver wich is alright can help in a pickle. The sanity back from pinecones seems op if you save them. Cant he eat logs or something like that? His disadvantage is he has no REAL advantage just small buffs that are nice and sweet!

I honestly don't wish to be mean, but I remembered you from a year ago when I was active on the forums. You thought that the multiplayer damage nerfs that were in place at the time made the game impossible, which was nonsense.

Wes obviously does not need a buff because he is meant to be a challenge character, and if you were going to buff him, giving him a exclusive access to the flower spinner is not going to make any difference, because the flower spinner is not essential to surviving anything.

If you'd like to make an argument for why woodie is in a good place, or make another argument for why wes needs a buff that isn't rooted in user error, I'm all ears.

1) It as basically impossible; people had to use pigs to do the fighting for them. No- that the damage has been made as default and only a fe- things have x2 health and armour has the normal protection and just loses durability quicker, it is possible to fight like before no-. And obviously, you don't present any evidence to support your point. Da fak is -rong -ith you?

2) Sure, I appreaciate having a character that's harder, ho-ever the problem that is here is that barely anyone -ill use him. And barely anyone does use him.

3) ?!

1) It as basically impossible; people had to use pigs to do the fighting for them. No- that the damage has been made as default and only a fe- things have x2 health and armour has the normal protection and just loses durability quicker, it is possible to fight like before no-. And obviously, you don't present any evidence to support your point. Da fak is -rong -ith you?

2) Sure, I appreaciate having a character that's harder, ho-ever the problem that is here is that barely anyone -ill use him. And barely anyone does use him.

3) ?!

I played the game during that period, as did many other people.  It was tedious, but it wasn't "basically impossible."  You can kite most enemies, meaning you take 0 damage from them under normal circumstances.

It really wasn't that big of a deal as you made it out to be.

In fact, fighting properly you fought things just like you did before, though groups of spiders/frogs were much more efficient to trap than to kite.

Of course few people will play wes, because he's a character to play for when other people are too easy to play.  If you're still a beginner (or only as good as a beginner) you'll never need things to be harder, so you'll never need Wes for the additional challenge.

Evidence that the flower spinner is not important?  Surviving summer without using it.  Even with a summer start, you can get by with using shade and a straw hat/parasol until you get endothermic fires.  It's a superfluous item that is not useless, but unnecessary.

Wes doesn't need a buff because there is no challenge he cannot overcome in skilled hands.

Archived