[General] - New Vault layout spawns guard behind inpassable vault door

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: New Vault layout spawns guard behind inpassable vault door

Issue Description: It seems like in a new vault setup (vault computer in the middle, two sound trackers, only cash boxes in the main room) it is possible that a guard can spawn behind the special vault door. The guard will be trapped in the inner vault and be unable to investigate alarms/sounds that happen outside, causing the "Investigating!" etc. barks to play about a dozen times if the guard is alerted.

Attached are the save file and a picture demonstrating the problem.

Level info:

BUILD[branches/Update11_Aug4.145864] LUA[145871] USER[38019315@steam]

GAME [0.17.5].2.3.5.2.vault.plastech.1060137985

Steps to Reproduce: I was playing a level with the aforementioned new vault room setup when I tripped a sound alarm and alerted an unseen guard that was behind the special vault door. The guard couldn't path through the inpassable door to the source of the noise so he just stood in place repeating the investigation voice lines.

savegame.lua

post-222391-0-31804000-1438978841_thumb.

I found a drone behind the locked door in a cyberlab yesterday -- but why should that be considered a bug?

It's not intended. You may have noticed that the map generation tries to never have a room where the only way in or out is a locked red door (needs the basic keycard) because they made the design choice that guards won't use their keycards to walk through locked doors. They don't want guards to be "stuck" if they get alerted. Anywhere your agents can go, they want the guards to be able to reach as well.

If **** hits the fan and you didn't free the guard trapped in a vault/cyberlab, that guard is still taking up part of the guard budget. Klei doesn't want it easy, they'd rather the guard to have spawned outside to make it difficult.

Archived