Are there beardlings in DST?

Something stupid that has happened is that the host needs to be insane in order for them to become beardlings. Why they didn't make it so that rabbits would be Beardlings for the insane ones and jackalopes for the sane ones, I have no idea. Too much effort? Not smart enough to think of a better code?

Either way, that's what I've observed of how the beardlings work and really it makes Meat effigy crafting so much more difficult, but also stupid. What if the host isn't around (dedicated server)? What if it's a PvP? Devs need to fix some stuff for Beardlings.

Something stupid that has happened is that the host needs to be insane in order for them to become beardlings.

No, I don't think this is correct. I'm pretty sure that beardlings appear only for insane players, but it's no longer at the 40% sanity threshold. Now, beardlings only appear if the player's sanity is at 15% or lower, which means you will have red lines around the edges of your screen and nightmare creatures will be able to attack you.

So yes, beardlings are in the game, but you have to be pretty insane to see/kill them and you risk getting killed by terrorbeaks while you do it.

No, I don't think this is correct. I'm pretty sure that beardlings appear only for insane players, but it's no longer at the 40% sanity threshold. Now, beardlings only appear if the player's sanity is at 15% or lower, which means you will have red lines around the edges of your screen and nightmare creatures will be able to attack you.

So yes, beardlings are in the game, but you have to be pretty insane to see/kill them and you risk getting killed by terrorbeaks while you do it.

You're probably better off catching rabbits and popping on a Nightmare amulet. Murder them quickly before all 600 hallucinations in the server come after you.

Wow, if having sanity that low is necessary, then yeah I don't think it's worth it. We're trying to get a shadow manipulator, so I guess best option(s) is to check tumbleweeds, dig graves, and fight the shadow crawlers?

Wow, if having sanity that low is necessary, then yeah I don't think it's worth it. We're trying to get a shadow manipulator, so I guess best option(s) is to check tumbleweeds, dig graves, and fight the shadow crawlers?

Evil flowers into nightmare fuel only requires a prestihatitator iirc. That's pretty easy to swing with a ghost friend and some bees. Of a full moon.

• Developer

Hey guys, Beardlings are definitely in DST.  Doesn't matter if you're host or client, insane players see Beardlings while sane players see Rabbits.  When killed by an insane player, they will drop Beardling loot.

Hey guys, Beardlings are definitely in DST.  Doesn't matter if you're host or client, insane players see Beardlings while sane players see Rabbits.  When killed by an insane player, they will drop Beardling loot.

Thanks! And I'm guessing the player's sanity has to be lower than 40%, which is different than regular DS

Evil flowers into nightmare fuel only requires a prestihatitator iirc. That's pretty easy to swing with a ghost friend and some bees. Of a full moon.

Right!!! I didn't think of that, great idea! Thanks!

Archived