What are the Bearger spawning mechanics?

Hey there. I have a question about the Bearger's spawning mechanic in DST:

I know (or think at least) that the Deerclops calculates and spawns next to the player with the most structures around them and spawns in their area, his goal being destroying the structures in sight and then going away. So when I played on a server with friends we agreed that near the end of the winter (when he usually spawns for us) we'll move to a remote mini-base with a fire pit and a chest with some basic supplies, so he won't spawn near our real base. 

Now, does any of you know what is the spawning mechanic for the Bearger? Does he always spawn near players? Does he only look for food? What's the best way to keep him away from our food supplies and kill him without getting our base destroyed by him?

And another question, about both the Bearger and the Deerclops: from the moment you hear the giant's sound for the first time, how long do you have to run away from your base until he spawns/arrives?

Not sure what the spawning mechanics of the Bearger are, but in my experience when a Giant's growl or hiss is heard it will take approximately half a day for them to spawn.

Not sure what the spawning mechanics of the Bearger are, but in my experience when a Giant's growl or hiss is heard it will take approximately half a day for them to spawn.

That time will decrease in proportion of the number of days you survived, I don't know too how, when and why the bearger spawns but he could do it in the second autumn

That time will decrease in proportion of the number of days you survived, I don't know too how, when and why the bearger spawns but he could do it in the second autumn

This is correct. In the last game I played, he spawned about 45 seconds after the first growl.

Do they always spawn from a growl? Or can they sometimes spawn unannounced roaming out in the wilderness until discovered?

I finally went back and played a long-term RoG world on DS, yet the Goose/Moose is the only one to have made a consistent appearance (Deerclops once and other two never). What are the necessary conditions to spawn the Bearger and Dragonfly in just DS? It's called "Reign of Giants" but so far the giants have been largely absent from the almost three full years in my game

Do they always spawn from a growl? Or can they sometimes spawn unannounced roaming out in the wilderness until discovered?

I finally went back and played a long-term RoG world on DS, yet the Goose/Moose is the only one to have made a consistent appearance (Deerclops once and other two never). What are the necessary conditions to spawn the Bearger and Dragonfly in just DS? It's called "Reign of Giants" but so far the giants have been largely absent from the almost three full years in my game

When the world's giant spawning settings are not altered, there is a 67% chance of each giant spawning.  You could just be having some bad luck.

When the world's giant spawning settings are not altered, there is a 67% chance of each giant spawning.  You could just be having some bad luck.

Except for the Goose/Moose, right? He seems to always spawn if I spend the first couple days of spring at my camp (the 3 structure rule).

Do you know if "More" is 100% and "Lots" is chance for 2? I've checked the wiki and come up with nothing. Thanks

Archived