"Spare Material" When Clothing Degrades?

(This topic may be more suited for "Suggestions and Feedback" but I'd really like to hear the community's opinions before posting it over there)

When food rots, it gives rot. When clothing falls apart, it vanishes out of existence. Should there be some item left behind when clothing drops to 0%?

My thoughts are an item like "Spare Material." With enough, you could be used to craft something clothing related, maybe a weaker form of sewing kit (like healing salve to honey poultice). Higher tier clothing (puffy vest, rain coat, hibearnation vest) would leave behind more Spare Material. I get this might feel more like clutter considering a sewing kit is easy to make. Just my thoughts.

So does anyone else think there should be some item or quantity of item left behind from degraded clothing?

Yes, definitely. May be some silk from silk related clothing, beefalo wool from beefalo wool related clothing etc. Say, from a Winter hat you could get 1 silk and 1 beefalo wool back, from Beefalo hat 2 beefalo wool, from cat cap 1 catcoon tail and 1 silk etc.

Certainly not a bad idea, actually if applied right this could be quite useful, especially for getting a few of the materials back during winter and such, might make it a bit easier on the resources you have if clothes gave back a little when they run out of durability. 

Rethinking the concept a bit, maybe making the "Spare Rags" or whatever actually a very useful item (rather than a lower quality substitute for something else) because wearing out clothes takes a lot of time, whereas making sewing kits comes quite easily after a season or two.

On the other hand, "Spare Rags" could be an instant use clothing repair item (like spider glands to health). Just spit balling here

Eh. I am not for it, nor against it. Would a be a cool adition but nothing extraordinary. If the Devs are willing, so be it.

(This topic may be more suited for "Suggestions and Feedback" but I'd really like to hear the community's opinions before posting it over there)
 This doesn't make any sense.

I think it wouldn't be bad, but maybe it becomes "tattered" and requires to be reapired with one of the materials.

Examples:

Top Hat Degrade: requires silk to repair.

Beefalo hat degrades: Requires Beefalo wool to repair.

Bush has degrades: requires cut grass to repair.

Spare rags would be great. Maybe they could also be used to craft like a raggedy jacket that would let you sneak up on beefalo to shave them during the day? Cause there's kinda a piece of clothing that does everything else in the game, but none that let you do that. 

I can pretty much assume why they didn't do that...

Its because nightmare eats them up into nothingness when they have spent their time with your body. (which may not make any sense)

In any case, I think this might be a great idea.

Archived