Sign in to follow this  
Aoredon

Ruler Tool

Aoredon    10

I don't think this would be able to do, since I don't think Don't Starve is grid based, but I think it would be awesome if the player could craft a ruler. Once the ruler was crafted then (Please choose one, or both) when it is in your inventory or when equipped then it would put a grid on the screen and make everything snap to it, that way I would be able to place items down and get them straight (I have OCD, so having them not straight is horrible!)

I think this would be a cool idea, what about you guys?

Ora    10

It's definitely something I would use. I would use the hell out of it. I'm kinda OCD like that too. But to be perfectly honest, I would not like seeing this on the top of the dev's to-do list. This is a very big change that fixes a very minor thing. I would rather them focus their resources on other avenues of development at the moment. Maybe they might do something like this after the final release though.

Aoredon    10

I agree with you, though I think it would be fairly simple to implement, but then again, I'm not entirely sure how this works, so it could be really hard for them to do something that seems simple :p

Lagoe    10

Love it, so you place the ruler on the ground, maybe in options you can set how far away and you can make, say, a row of chests!

Built with... 1 board?

Ran    15

Total support from this OCD guy, lol. And the idea of how to implement it (making a grid on the ground) is brilliant, I love it.

Dr Tanner    32

I am all for this, especially when I'm trying to make circles of trees or bushes. I am also fairly OCD in my leanings and would kill for something that would make it easier for me to place neat lines and circles of things. ._.