How to survive Summer without Endothermic fires

aren't they just the opposite of efficiency? 

I think the term is fashion over functionality...

They are efficient in because they cool you down quite effectively... but they are kinda harder to get than endothermic camp fire/fire pits...

They offer you much greater survivability (especially the chilled amulet) and reliability than any endothermic fire or thermal stone ever will. With endothermic fires, you need to sit around the fire for ~20 seconds before moving on and doing your thing. A featherfan not only provides you with cooling in a fraction of that time but is additionally fantastic at putting out small fires. Better than everything before it, a chilled amulet requires no time at all to cool as it can be worn while moving making it the single most effective item for keepin' yo ass alive in the summer. How many times have you died to overheating while being chased by something? No more, I say!

I'm getting confused... what is our definition of "efficient" here? easily obtained or it's performance? O__O

As for definition of efficiency (this applies to everything), you need to factor both in and ultimately value it based on how effective it is at keeping you alive, how much time it takes to obtain, and how much time it will save (against other options). The chilled amulet is fantastic at keeping you alive in comparison to an endothermic as well as saving you a solid twenty seconds every time you'd normally need to cool yourself down. Considering blue gems practically fall into your lap during winter and spring, making said amulet is not time consuming at all.

So... To list all the protective Summer items:

* Ice (and its based crock pot foods, such as Melonsickle)

* Water balloon

* Fassion melon

* Endothermic fire

* Endothermic firepit

* Luxury fan

* Chilled amulet

* Thermal stone

* Straw hat

* Pretty parasol

* Umbrella

* Eyebrella

* Summer frest

* Floral shirt

Not so useful Summer items:

* Ice cube

I'm getting confused... what is our definition of "efficient" here? easily obtained or it's performance? O__O
the ratio between both.

They offer you much greater survivability (especially the chilled amulet) and reliability than any endothermic fire or thermal stone ever will. With endothermic fires, you need to sit around the fire for ~20 seconds before moving on and doing your thing. A featherfan not only provides you with cooling in a fraction of that time but is additionally fantastic at putting out small fires. Better than everything before it, a chilled amulet requires no time at all to cool as it can be worn while moving making it the single most effective item for keepin' yo ass alive in the summer. How many times have you died to overheating while being chased by something? No more, I say!
fair enough. I hardly ever have much gold and gems to spare for the first summer, and in the second summer  I usually kill myself out of boredom, so I wasn't aware of their effectiveness. 

Do not underestimate the power of the Chilled Amulet.

A single Chilled Amulet can last, in my case, for 2 or even 3 Summers. By the end of the first Summer I have it at around 80% durability and stored in a chest until the following Summer. Sure, all of this is possible if I have the Eyebrella and make a Floral Shirt (Summer Frest is cool as well). My goal is to save as much nitre as possible in order to be used for gunpowder. I make the endo firepit in my Summer camp, but even that is not imperative to have since I always have 2 thermal stones in the fridge ready to be switched at any given time during the night while camping in the base.

Archived