Just A Heads-Up To You "Suggesters"

I know you all have some great ideas, after reading them they would be cool but people need to keep in mind that these people are working inside a timeframe. They've promised us 6 months of working on the game after full release (Full Release = Approx. March 2013) and don't have time to completely redesign all their coding to do things such as Multiplayer. Some ideas are really cool but try to think about how long it would take to do, how buggy it may be, or just how difficult it would be to code before you post because if you don't your ideas will just be shot down anyways.

So when trying to brainstorm a new idea think about what I've said and consider if it will work. But certainly keep the ideas coming :D

My ideas are cluttered with such "confusion and madness", that's why I try to put the best/appropriate suggestions on top of my list. Deadpool skins and multiplayer suggestions aren't going to necessarily help the devs get an new idea, the truth is that it's only a waste of time.

PS. I agree.

I believe we need as many suggestions as possible and anybody that has one should voice it.

BUT, I think it's up to the devs to provide a clear set of principles as to the type of suggestions they are looking for. Then we could differentiate between "core suggestions" and "nice-to-haves". For example (and I do use this example often), the biggest problem currently with the lategame is that there is NO REASON to ever leave your base, and it becomes very difficult to actually die once you have your 8th meat effigy up.

The devs could make an announcement saying something along the lines of:

"Dear Don't Starve Community, we are currently considering how to get the most out of lategame... With that in mind we would really appreciate suggestions from you on how to get players out of their base more often. We also would like to pair this up with ideas on how to increase the risk of players dying more often whilst outside of their base."

You would instantly get some GREAT ideas from the community as you have focused the discussion.

A general suggestions thread will give you every general idea that pops into a players head. Which is great. But if you want useful suggestions or suggestions to address a particular aspect of the game you have to guide the innovation through focusing the key principles you want out of the suggestions coming from the community.

I suggest I should stop using the word "suggestions" so much- any suggestions? LOL

I know you all have some great ideas, after reading them they would be cool but people need to keep in mind that these people are working inside a timeframe. They've promised us 6 months of working on the game after full release (Full Release = Approx. March 2013) and don't have time to completely redesign all their coding to do things such as Multiplayer. Some ideas are really cool but try to think about how long it would take to do, how buggy it may be, or just how difficult it would be to code before you post because if you don't your ideas will just be shot down anyways.

So when trying to brainstorm a new idea think about what I've said and consider if it will work. But certainly keep the ideas coming :D

I noticed the same issue and addressed the problem couple of days ago to the moderator(s), they're looking into it. The response for now was that they rather want certain ideas to sink to the bottom of the forums, never to hear from it again. And the excessive "new" ideas that have already been suggested earlier are just nothing to do about, because people don't read the "stickies" or don't use the searchbar.

But wait a second with blaming the devs/mods for that, they simply haven't got an all-curing solution.

The solution I suggested was to make an monthly/half-monthly thread were people could post their favorite thread-compilation of 5-30 old/forgotten/excessive threads that they think need promotion/reviewing or are simply worthwhile. This way the devs/mods can get an overview of what the general interest of the beta-testers is and the forums don't get clogged with 5x the suggestion to add "poison" or to add "crocodiles" in the game. But as I said earlier they don't like the idea of old/forgotten threads bumping back up, so they put my request 'on hold' for the moment. And.. I won't start such thread before I get their permission. (But since QuadroMan1 already started such thing, I won't regret putting these ideas in here already. ^_^)

By the way, the reason why I think the "sticky-threads" don't work is because they... stick. People don't see them change colour, nor see them get on top of all the thread when someone makes a new post.

What do you think of all this?

What? Common sense 101? What is the point of making suggestions if they have rules. ;)

:p Agreed. I prefer the word "guidance". :)

I believe we need as many suggestions as possible and anybody that has one should voice it.

BUT, I think it's up to the devs to provide a clear set of principles as to the type of suggestions they are looking for. Then we could differentiate between "core suggestions" and "nice-to-haves".

---------------------------------------

I suggest I should stop using the word "suggestions" so much- any suggestions? LOL

Yeah, definitely think that would add to the quality of the forums. It has a certain "guidance" in it. I like it. :p

I like what Flash said it makes a lot more sense than what I said but it maintains the same concept.. The suggestion thread is in the wrong area and they're all worried about multiplayer and vehicles and such that have repeatedly been told NO xD

Agreed.

Kind regards, Karisuto

I just received some inside info.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to start the mentioned thread, but fortunately the reasons why were made clear to me as well.

At first I wondered if good ideas posted earlier (november/begin december) have been forgotten and if popular threads (due to bumping/spamming) were favored over the less viewed, less popular ones.

However I can assure you now that most early ideas are well known with the Devs since the forums weren't that busy back then. So they have a reason to let those threads 'die off' since they have had their use already! This means that threads/subjects you don't hear about anymore aren't neccessarily unpopular with the Devs... That's great in my opinion.

And about the spamming and excessive threads, these are still moderated regularly by... the moderators to check for news.

But what are they cooking up you ask?

What kind of suggestions will they put not into the game?*

Well... they aren't telling ^_^.

But I can tell you that if an idea is absolutely unfavored with the Devs you would have heard by now (*cough* Multiplayer *cough*).

(Or it would be locked etc, I think.)

That means that if you don't hear about it anymore it's still open for suggestions and you don't know if the Devs have been secretly working on your idea. So continue whatever you were doing. And make your suggestions.

I hope to have informed you well.

Kind regards, Karisuto

*(I asked what kind of ideas they absolutely wouldn't put into the game (since they known all the suggestions so well) and because it would make it easier to come up with suggestions)