Lack of Giants

So I'm on day 195, and I'm yet to see a single giant. I reeeealy want to get scale mail, but at this point I'll settle for just fighting a dang giant. If it helps, my spring, winter, and autumn are set to long (if I remember correctly), and my summer is set to short. All the giants are set to normal.

Does anyone happen to know why they aren't spawning?

When I first started it seemed like clockwork that I would run into each giant every season.  However, it seems much more sporadic now, so I really can't say anymore.  If you really want to fight a particular one and have access to mods or the console you could always spawn it in.

When I first started it seemed like clockwork that I would run into each giant every season. However, it seems much more sporadic now, so I really can't say anymore. If you really want to fight a particular one and have access to mods or the console you could always spawn it in.

I play console, so unfortunately I cant use mods. When I first started playing the game I did seem to run onto giants much more often. Although I've only (in all my time of playing) seen a Dragonfly once, a Moosegoose (or Goosemoose, depending on your philosophical standpoint) a few times, and I have never seen a Bearger or Deerclops.

Wow.  I didn't know that was possible.  I am assuming you have played the game quite a lot, right?  

I may be incorrect but I had the impression that the more traveling you do during a season the more likely you would run into the giant.  Thought I read they spawn randomly in the world, so if you're sedentary you would have less chance to encounter one.  Again, I am not positive about this.  Hopefully someone more knowledgable then I can come in and confirm or dispel my statement.  

Thought I'd never say this but I hope your giant encounters are many and often.  Good luck!

Wow. I didn't know that was possible. I am assuming you have played the game quite a lot, right?

I may be incorrect but I had the impression that the more traveling you do during a season the more likely you would run into the giant. Thought I read they spawn randomly in the world, so if you're sedentary you would have less chance to encounter one. Again, I am not positive about this. Hopefully someone more knowledgable then I can come in and confirm or dispel my statement.

Thought I'd never say this but I hope your giant encounters are many and often. Good luck!

Yeah, I've played the game a lot. It's like this in all if my worlds. Even when I set the giant to more. And I do explore a lot. I was actually worried that I was moving too much for giants. I really hope that I can find out how to get giants to appear.

So I'm on day 195, and I'm get to see a single giant. I reeeealy want to get scale mail, but at this point I'll settle for just fighting a dang giant. If it helps, my spring, winter, and autumn are set to long (if I remember correctly), and my summer is set to short. All the giants are set to normal.

Does anyone happen to know why they aren't spawning?

Shhhhhht! Don't say that! Or the same will happen to you...

Well, okay, maybe it won't because you have them set to normal, but... I can't recommend complaining about the giants. Maxwell knows how karma works...

I also never saw Bearger so far, but I noticed traces of him destroying my beehives.

Maybe turn the music really loud, you might be missing the Warning Honks?

Maybe. I guess I'll take a break from caving and be sure to spend one or two whole seasons just exploring so that I can cover more ground. Maybe you do have to move around a lot to find a giant. Plus I might find Chester too :D

Archived