Senkaku is too difficult?

So, I realized that playing at Senkaku is kinda like suicide. Them drones are just too powerful for their own good, if you play there at above level 1 security. I imagine there are items (like the EMP bomb that disables all robots and mainframe items within 7 tiles) that can make things much easier, but this one specifically seems to require a much more different approach when compared to the other three location types.

Am I right in feeling this same way? Any handy tips (without major spoilers of course!).

Ok, to keep it short, Sankaku is one of the hardest to come by Coporations at the start, but as soon as you have good PWR generation (you should prefer portable servers or some of the agents wich generats pwr, since you need the five pülaces for programs) and some breaking tools (Datablast comes in quite handy), Sankaku mutates into the easiest one (except Plastech at Level 9-10 I believe), since the drones which point at you can be hacked and moved away (even used to kill other robots or guards).

not the hardest I'd say. but definitely the least profitable since drone don't carry cash.

as HumanKirby already said Sankaku favors a good Hacking and/or PWR setup. having only Parasite is extremely risky

on Drones:

- you can pin drones after when they go offline. but you can't drag them. and you instantly loose the first of two "KO" turns except for Camera and Null drones which you place on top of an agent

- EMP can help but except for Xus melee EMP the cooldown is too high to be relied on it

- no hearing so you can sprint around them, although soundbugs often make that point moot

- no peripheral vision. together with no hearing this makes distracting them difficult. only with opening/closing doors or leting a controlled drone colapse in vision can you distract them.

- no heartmonitor so killing them doesn't increase the alarm. cleanup cost still exists.

- you can use controlled drones to shoot other drones/cameras/guards. beware of soundbugs. all other restrictions for killing apply

- you can steal from a drone not under your control

Armor:

in general armor can only get higher than 3 on barrier guards which you can hack to reduce the armor. sankaku human guards can only have up to 1 armor. drones go up to 2 armor

Some questions. Can you "melee attack" drones/robots? Also, what means "except for Camera and Null drones which you place on top of an agent"? And yeah, I never knew you could pin drones! Great tip mate. However, I suppose to Steal you need Level 2 Anarchy?

Some questions. Can you "melee attack" drones/robots? Also, what means "except for Camera and Null drones which you place on top of an agent"? And yeah, I never knew you could pin drones! Great tip mate. However, I suppose to Steal you need Level 2 Anarchy?

You can't melee attack any drones, unless you count Xu's EMP fist.  All of the melee weapons in this game deal KO damage, which all drones are immune to.

And yes, you need Anarchy 2 in order to steal from a drone that hasn't been disabled.

As for "except Camera and Null drones which you can place on top of an agent", I believe he means that if you hack the drone and move the smaller drones (Camera and Null) on top of one of your agents right before your control time runs out, you will not lose the 1st round of pinning.  

This is opposed to the larger drones because you cannot place them on top of your agents, which means you have to wait for them to become disabled and then move your agents on top of them on the next round, losing 1 round of pinning.

No, you can't melee attack drones because currently all melee weapons are ko based which doesn't affect drones. (Unless you Count Xu's ability, but that's not really the same thing)

Camera and null drones don't collide with other guards and agents, so they can freely move through other units.

What spider meant was that normally when drones have to reboot they are Ko'd for 2 turns which instantly is turned to 1 since it happens on the enemy turn, but if a drone and an agent is on the same tile it is automatically pinned which means that you get an extra turn before it wakes up.

Drones don't carry money. You can steal Power, and high tier drones sometimes have items if your anarchy is high enough, but you don't get money, which is why people often turn away from Sankaku.

Archived